Business Controls Analyst - RJ Bank - Req. 1803950
Under general supervision, use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or training to ensure deposit account compliance with banking rules and regulations. Responsible for coordinating compliance reviews, participating in operational audits/exams, and liaison with internal and external business partners to ensure regulatory compliance within the banks’ deposit portfolio. Collaborate with the management team to identify opportunities for compliance and operational efficiency, productivity improvements and assisting with special projects. May train or lead the work of other associates or supervise highly routine work. Detailed instructions and established procedures and prescribed guidelines are provided to perform a variety of tasks requiring some evaluation, originality or ingenuity in making routine decisions. Recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Provide support and assistance on projects and job functions within the department. Associate will be responsible for assisting department training including the maintenance of the department training tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in overseeing Deposit Operations “first-line” compliance program(s) to ensure compliance processes and procedures are integrated and aligned with business processes.
• Ensures Deposit Operations are maintaining compliance with their defined processes and procedures and acting in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Leads development and implementation of compliance testing initiatives.
• Manages documentation of and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed in accordance with policies and procedures
• Adjusts existing programs, policies and procedures, as directed.
• Provides support and guidance for compliance efforts related to Deposit Operations.
• Assists management in implementing adequate controls and quality assurance processes to provide early identification of potential compliance problems.
• Reviews notices, compliance related regulatory reports and forms for compliance with rules and regulations.
• Assists in researching compliance issues.
• Assists with external compliance examinations, including gathering requested information and reports.
• Conducts due diligence to responds to regulatory inquiries, exam requests, internal audit, and compliance requests.
• Manages corrective actions required to address regulatory identified matters
• Samples test/validate compliance related business processes/procedures
• Prevents scope creep on audit and regulatory inquiries, exam requests, internal audit, and compliance requests.
• Guides auditors/regulators when questions asked
• Serves as a back-up in cross-functional responsibilities during absences.
• Monitors and resolves issues related to regulations regarding client accounts, to identify potential problems or status of high risk accounts and situations.
• Prepares written recaps, reports and spreadsheets for special projects and submits to management for review.
• Performs other duties, special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Concepts, practices and procedures of banking compliance reviews.
•Working knowledge of some of the following banking regulatory requirements: Patriot Act, Reg CC, Reg DD, Reg. E
•Operations and systems of assigned functional area.
•Customer operations and financial industry knowledge.
•Accounting concepts and principles.
•Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry and as required by assigned functional area.
•Monitoring compliance programs
•Integrating and aligning compliance processes and procedures with business processes.
•Providing support and guidance for compliance efforts
•Detail orientation and flexibility sufficient to handle high volume of tasks requiring quick analytical and supportive responses.
•Interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills sufficient to interact with associates at all levels of the organization as well as financial advisors and branch personnel.
•Identifying and resolving compliance issues.
•Analyzing operational processes from a compliance perspective and identifying opportunities for improvement.
•Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports and electronic communication.
•Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
•Keep abreast of banking industry rules and regulations and best practices in compliance.
•Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
•Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
•Read, comprehend and apply business-related information.
•Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
•Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
•Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
•Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
•Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Compliance and/or the financial services industry.
•An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.