Business Technology Specialist - SP - Req. 1901414
Under limited supervision, analyzes current business processes and identifies opportunities that result in improved client service, cross-site consistency, increased operational efficiencies and/or cost savings. Designs, codes, tests, and deploys solutions to fulfill the changing needs of Operations. Diagnoses and restores applications and other internal Operations tools. Communicates progress to clients in a timely manner and completes tasks in sufficient time to minimize disruption to production. Develops technical documentation and user manuals for all applications and performs initial associate training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates and develops new programs and custom applications, based upon need.
• Redefines data and converts it to programmable form for electronic data processing.
• Establishes and maintains integrated databases (Excel or Access).
• Maintains working knowledge of business processes and interface with end-users to gather system requirements as needed; analyzes and reviews information requirements for ongoing reports and comparison as needed.
• Creates and develops adhoc reports under short timeframes and with minimal direction and supervision.
• Reviews reports for accuracy and reasonableness, and determines when information needs further review.
• Collects/creates programming test material to test and ensure integrity of custom applications.
• Evaluates existing data systems and recommends improvements in functionality, efficiency, consistency, and workflow to ensure the most cost-effective system is being utilized.
• Identifies and corrects program defects.
• Confers with department personnel and IT to provide technical advice and to assist in solving problems.
• Provides follow-up with internal clients regarding completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
• May serve as a back-up to other department staff, when needed to meet deadlines; utilizing knowledge of systems and processes
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Principles, practices, and procedures of internal systems and processes.
• Key internal and/or external contacts to request assistance from or utilize expertise.
• Problem solving sufficient to recognize and detect work errors and correct them, or offer resolution.
• Critical thinking and analysis capabilities to solve technical problems.
• Excel, Access, VBA, SharePoint applications
• Plan, organize, manage, and track multiple detailed work assignments with constantly changing priorities and close deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Constructively work under stress and pressure and produce a high volume of assignments using strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Be self-motivated with strong sense of creativity and ability to work independently with confidence.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness.
• Select and employ the correct business requirements gathering technique for each project
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Think logically and to analyze and solve problems.
• Continually train on existing and emerging technologies.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience that includes coding with VBA for Excel and Access
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
• None Required.