Communications Specialist - Req. 1900392
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through communications education and experience to plan and coordinate communications services, programs and activities and conceptualize, create, write and edit communications. May serve as a communications advisor to others. Undertakes varied work requiring evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides strategic direction, message development, and planning for firm initiatives.
• Consults with internal and external constituents to identify communications goals and objectives; recommends and executes solutions for moderate impact project/initiatives.
• Uses effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Builds relationships with peers and superiors, including senior leadership inside and outside the department.
• Utilizes metrics to make strategic decisions in alignment with goals; analyzes audience requirements and behavior.
• Serves in a leadership capacity when representing the department on firm projects/initiatives.
• With some instruction/involvement, makes independent decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental public communications concepts, practices and procedures.
• Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint sufficient to create documents, spreadsheets, e-mails and presentations.
• Managing time sufficient to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• PR software proficiency to add, monitor and employ data.
• Solve problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Work productively with all levels of management.
• Think quickly and creatively, overcome objection, and react well to deadline pressure.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Provide a high level of service.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with individuals at all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, business management or related field and two (2) years’ experience in a corporate setting, journalism, broadcast media and/or public relations agency.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.