Competitive Intelligence Specialist - Req. 1900813
Support the firm’s financial advisor recruiting function by providing recruiters with deep insights into the national, regional and local financial advisor markets, as well as individual advisors. Recruiting experienced financial advisors from competitors is a key growth driver at Raymond James, with recruiting actors dependent on a proprietary database of 600,000+ financial advisors to drive email, phone call and direct mail campaigns. Though available to well-qualified entry-level candidates, this role offers a great balance of oversight and freedom to learn on your own as you advance the quality, relevancy and comprehensiveness of the recruiting database. This can include purchasing data, leveraging in-house and off-shore research / data-entry labor and designing / deploying statistical models and algorithms to improve our recruiters’ ability to prioritize, target and address recruiting opportunities.
Under routine supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and training to assist in collecting and analyzing data on prospective advisors, their respective branches and firms. Detailed instructions, procedures and guidelines are provided to perform a variety of routine data gathering and review tasks with limited decision making responsibility. Recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Regular contact with internal customers and external research sources is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in conducting market research projects and analyzing and reporting results.
- Assists in conducting surveys to analyze advisor preferences and perceptions of the organization’s image and marketing effectiveness.
- Gathers information and data on competitors' products, services and marketing techniques.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing the service/product posture of competitors.
- Assists in maintaining a market intelligence database. Maintains records and files on research projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic marketing research concepts, practices and procedures and their application to assigned functional area.
- Basic analytical and statistical modeling tools and techniques.
- Principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
- Gathering information and data for market research projects.
- Conducting basic surveys and focus groups.
- Reviewing and analyzing the service/product postures.
- Maintaining databases.
- Organizing and maintaining research records, files, and materials.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including email, graphics, presentation, spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school or one (1) year of professional market research experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.