Compliance Auditor - Affordable Housing - Req. 1900065
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills in IRS Section 42 compliance obtained through education, experience, training, and/or certification to administer and analyze routine compliance reviews and provide general compliance support in an assigned business entity. Completes projects of moderate scope and complexity. Some guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in character requiring evaluation, originality, and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts and analyzes routine compliance reviews to identify irregularities and ensure compliance with organizational and regulatory agency rules and regulations.
• Assists in alerting management partners to current regulatory issues.
• Researches, interprets and translates regulatory rules and regulations.
• Monitors and/or prepares filings and maintains compliance database.
• Coordinates compliance examinations.
• Advises compliance management of issues that involve possible rule violations and potential liability.
• Participates in addressing sensitive compliance issues with management partners.
• Participates in corporate policy discussions related to compliance.
• Assists in preparing and delivering written and oral presentations to management.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Concepts, practices and procedures of IRS Section 42 compliance, LIHTC industry, and RJTCF.
• IRS 8823 guide.
• Conducting and analyzing compliance reviews and identifying irregularities.
• Interpreting and applying complex policies, rules, and regulations.
• Addressing sensitive issues with others.
• Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Use independent judgment on a variety of compliance issues.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Interpret and apply IRS Section 42 regulations and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
• Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain currency in organizational and regulatory agency rules and regulations.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related discipline and two (2) years of LIHTC compliance experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• NAHB Housing Credit Certified Professional or equivalent or ability to obtain in 90 days.