Data Engineer - Req. 1900136
In an enterprise data environment, responsible for data architecture functions such as Data Design, Modelling, Implementation in support of Enterprise Data Infrastructures - Data Ware House, Operational Data stores, Master Data Management etc. Also, responsible for data services and data movement infrastructures. Designs and develops enterprise information models. Manages and governs the appropriate use of the enterprise data models and data architectures and services around those models. Takes action and makes decisions on software development in high exposure areas including application availability, stability, sustainability and reliability. Has extensive contact with business technology teams and other members of Architecture and Core services.
About Carillon Tower Advisers (CTA):
The Raymond James subsidiary, Carillon Tower Advisers, is a global asset management firm that combines the exceptional insight and agility of individual investment teams with the strength and stability of a full-service firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for data engineering functions including, but not limited to: data extract, transformation, loading, integration in support of enterprise data infrastructures – data warehouse, operational data stores and master data management.
• Responsible for data services and data movement infrastructures.
• Responsible for converting backend data services to web portals by building ASP pages.
• Implements concepts of programming such as data structures, error handing, data manipulation and I/O processing.
• Implements database concepts and practices including definition and query language.
• Prepares project plans and uses flowcharts and data flow diagramming to create program design concepts.
• Creates detailed system design documentation.
• Analyzes requirements and architecture specifications to create detailed design.
• May provide technical advice and training and mentor other associates in a lead capacity.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Financial Services Industry knowledge is preferred.
• Expert/Advanced level experience with ETL Tools, SSIS preferably.
• Expert level experience with Oracle as a Database Platform.
• Deep experience in SQL tuning, tuning ETL solutions, physical optimization of databases.
• Strong Microsoft-centric web development skills: IIS, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, Web API experience or understanding of Big Data Platforms.
• Knowledge of .NET, Middleware, Messaging, BPMS, BRMS, Portal, and Mobile a plus.
• Prior experience with BI tools like Tableau is a plus.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.