Discovery and Service Mapping Engineer (ServiceNow) - Req. 1900755
Owns the Infrastructure Discovery and Application/Service Mapping lifecycles along with their associated technologies. Is the subject matter expert (SME) for infrastructure discovery and application service mapping. Works closely with other technology SMEs to build and maintain accurate application service maps. Designs, develops, and implements custom patterns, probes, and sensors to achieve a complete and accurate discovery of infrastructure components and application services. Potential Remote Option as well.
- Manages ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Service Mapping.
- Ensures that horizontal discovery and service mapping products are highly available, reliable, and performant.
- Creates and maintains custom patterns, probes, and sensors to accommodate internal discovery requirements.
- Establishes and maintains discovery schedules.
- Monitors discovery and service mapping results, reconciling and addressing any anomalies.
- Proactively plans capacity of ServiceNow MID servers and maintains and configures appropriately.
- Works with Service Owners and SMEs to ensure that accurate service maps are discovered and maintained.
- Participates in platform upgrade planning, testing, and validation.
- May participate in projects including preparing project plans, assigning tasks, monitoring statuses, coordinating efforts, validating team recommendations, integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in assigned area or combination or education, experience and training.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with discovery and application mapping technologies, preferably ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Service Mapping.
- Blend of knowledge and technical expertise in:
- ServiveNow administration, including Discovery and Service Mapping.
- Discovery probes, sensors, and patterns.
- Scripting using JavaScirpt, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, RegEx, SQL, etc.
- Network concepts such as routing, switching, firewalls, NAT, load balancing.
- Linux and Windows Server Operating System administration.
- Protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST.
- Web and Application servers such as WebSphere, JBoss, MQ, IIS, Apache.
- Markup languages such as XML and JSON.
- Microsoft Active Directory architecture.
- Storage Area Network technologies.
- Virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing environment while managing multiple priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes and practices.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.