Due Diligence Analyst, AMS Research - Req. 1901884
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and formal training to work with the Due Diligence Officers. Will communicate daily with outside investment managers, the Asset Management Services (AMS) sales force and Financial Advisors. The main focus is to perform complete and thorough due diligence on the current and potential Raymond James Consulting Services (RJCS) investment managers and Freedom (mutual fund) managers. Routine instructions, procedures, and guidelines are provided to perform routine tasks with limited decision making responsibility. Regular contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify, and provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in manager research teams to scrutinize professional money managers and their products for potential inclusion or exclusion from a multi-billion dollar fee-based platform.
• Serves as the central point of contact for outside investment manager representatives.
• Participates in maintaining various Due Diligence materials and research reports that may include portfolio characteristics and performance data, published on a regular basis.
• Attend and host conference calls and home office visits with portfolio managers and analysts scrutinizing investment processes and products aiding manager research form an investment opinion.
• Obtain and apply a working knowledge of FactSet to conduct holdings-based analysis and Callan for performance-based analysis of managed portfolios.
• Obtain and apply command of Excel, Access, Word, Informa PSN, Morningstar, and Mercer for manager analysis and new manager research projects as they arise.
• Create and maintain complex data spreadsheets, databases, and templates utilizing various systems to analyze holdings and performance of managed portfolios on a multi-billion dollar fee-based platform.
• Assists in the investment manager approval process for the firm’s dual contract platform. Responds to requests for immediate projects and also detailed commentary in response to investment performance questions from the AMS Sales Team and Financial Advisors.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Due Diligence.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Quantitative and qualitative understanding of the investment management business and performance measurement.
• Performance calculations.
• Analyzing financial information.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Produce accurate information on products and projects.
• Exhibit excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as this position will be a contact point for Financial Advisors who wish to talk in detail about all aspects of AMS and specifics about investment managers and performance reporting.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Attend to detail while maintaining the big picture orientation.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from professional publications
• Meet many deadlines to provide quarterly and monthly data to internal associates and external Financial Advisors.
• Work independently as well in a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field and a minimum of one (1) year of experience at a broker/dealer or investment firm.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 7 preferred
• CFA candidacy preferred.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm