Education Specialist- Saint Petersburg, FL / Memphis, TN / Southfield, MI - Req. 1900695
Under minimum supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills to create a culture of learning by designing, developing and delivering training on securities brokerage operations functions, applications, procedures and compliance. Using standardized instructional design framework, partners with the assigned business units(s) to take training from concept to implementation in a way that supports the business need and is in line with corporate objectives. Assists in identifying, researching and resolving training issues and deliver training that results in enhanced knowledge, skills and abilities of participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consults with assigned business units to provide strategic direction on departmental training.
• Provides tactical support in creating training to support the varied needs of Operations associates and department trainers across a multi-site environment. This may include:
- Analyzing education needs and audience to establish relevant goals
- Designing training objectives and an plan to meet established goals
- Developing training tools, materials and activities for participants
- Implementing the training program, including logistics planning, facilitation, coordination of guest speakers, preparing department trainers, etc.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and implementing follow-ups or updates
• Stays up to date and on current training and development methodology and practices.
• Manages the implementation of recurring programs such as train-the-trainer and new hire training. This includes marketing, registering participants, arranging for presenters, creating agendas and managing on-site activities; as well as gathering feedback and developing/maintaining content.
• Creates learning programs for broad initiatives impacting multiple Operations business units such as leadership development, customer service and compliance initiatives.
• Maintains compliance with organizational and regulatory requirements.
• Develops and maintains Operations and Compliance Policies and Procedures Guides, as required.
• Consults with software development teams prior to application implementation and develops appropriate learning materials.
• Participates in evaluating new software applications and recommends procedural changes to workflow, forms and compliance record keeping.
• Develops presentations, news articles, marketing materials or other tools related to education within operations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Intermediate level knowledge of:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission and strategies of the organization.
• Operational processes and procedures of assigned functional areas.
• Adult learning theories/methods
• Basic concepts, principles and practices of the financial services industry.
Intermediate level skill in:
• Analyzing training materials and learner information.
• Preparing instructional sites.
• Managing the learning environment and delivering effective instruction.
• Responding to learner needs for clarification or feedback.
• Providing positive reinforcement and motivational incentives.
• Selecting and using appropriate instructional methods and media.
• Evaluating learner performance and reporting evaluation information.
• Evaluating instructional delivery.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into training plans.
• Read, comprehend and apply technical information.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Maintain currency in operational issues, procedures, training techniques and methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years operations or training experience in a
financial services environment.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
• FINRA Series 7 license preferred.