Executive Assistant - Investment Advisors Division - Req. 1900930
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or specialized training to provide advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative support to an assigned executive at the vice president or equivalent level with responsibility for a major organizational function. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in character requiring evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to identify, research, and resolve problems. May communicate information to internal or external customers to sell or service products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Serves as a liaison with other functional areas and external customers in the resolution of routine administrative and operational issues.
• Provides executive support including answering telephones; assisting visitors; and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
• Composes and edits correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of established policies.
• May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments and/or other similar activities, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
• Prepares or assists in preparing statistical and narrative reports by performing information gathering and analysis, as specifically directed.
• Establishes, maintains and updates files, databases, records and other documents.
• Develops and maintains data and performs routine analyses and calculations involved in preparing recurring internal reports.
• Sorts, screens, reviews and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Composes and prepares timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
• Maintains currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Supports VP level and above.
• Intermediate level concepts, principles and practices of providing executive support.
• Organizational policies and practices.
• Confidentiality policies.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Terminology of financial markets and products.
• Performing a range of executive support activities for a vice president of a major organizational functional area.
• Answering telephones and assisting visitors.
• Prepare, transcribing, composing, typing and editing correspondence, agendas and minutes and other documents.
• Scheduling and coordinating meetings, events, interviews and appointments.
• Preparing reports.
• Gathering and analyzing basic information.
• Establishing and maintaining files, databases and other records.
• Performing routine analyses and calculations involved in preparing reports.
• Sorting, screening and distributing mail.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
• Analyze and solve problems.
• Maintain currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, comprehend and apply business related information.
• Motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma and (9) nine plus years’ experience in providing
secretarial and administrative support to executives at a vice president/department head level in a major function within a large financial planning, investment management or other financial services environment.
• An equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• None required.