Fixed Income Marketing - Retail Sales - Req. 1900417
Under limited supervision, uses significant marketing knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience in the financial services and Fixed Income Capital Markets Division to lead marketing and business development efforts. Works with corporate marketing to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan and is an integral part of the Fixed Income trading strategies and sales efforts. Supports product management initiatives including new product launches, as well as manages multiple, often simultaneous marketing campaigns. Builds, designs and executes original marketing campaigns by conducting competitive market research and using in-depth knowledge of our products and client base. Collaborates and aligns with trading strategy and high net worth to provide multiple marketing resources, and corporate marketing. Generates innovative ideas and strategies for product support while also proactively identifying areas of opportunity for growth and greater visibility within existing client organizations. Analyzes market trends and provides concrete, actionable suggestions for capitalizing on these insights. Leads defined projects of considerable scope and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the development of marketing campaigns that are aligned with the organizational vision and strategies for growth within the sales channels.
• Becomes intimately familiar with fixed income products, systems, trading strategies to develop and support trade ideas, including working directly with financial advisors and traders to execute campaigns from concept to completion.
• Works with corporate marketing to develop and manage a comprehensive marketing plan and calendar.
• Continuously and proactively researches market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
• Utilizes competitive and investment intelligence material developed by other marketing associates into channel-specific messaging and deliverables.
• Takes a leading role in developing a clear, compelling and differentiated message and position for assigned products.
• Maintains ingenuity when reverse engineering preexisting marketing materials.
• Works with Strategy, High-Net-Worth, Trading and other partners to recommend courses of action designed to effectively promote and position investment products with respect to competitive offerings.
• Uses a high degree of creativity to craft professional, audience-appropriate messaging.
• Manages and monitors the volume of content that is provided through digital and offline channels.
• Works with multiple resources to ensure there is clear and consistent messaging across all platforms.
• Responsible for campaigns that are broad in scope, have multiple elements, include defined touchpoints, as well as have projected impact to the firm’s bottom line.
• Communicates openly and frequently with senior management, sales staff and others regarding the status of projects, campaigns and associated metrics. Ensures that expectations are managed and met.
• Interprets competitive market research and current industry developments and provides results and insights into market trends and preferences.
• Ensures product information materials meet contractual, regulatory, informational, marketing or product management requirements.
• Maintains a high level of familiarity with market and product management activity to ensure content integrity.
• Develops and monitors tactical initiatives that support clients’ objectives and strategies.
• Supports client relations and is responsible for the overall management of assigned business units, remaining both proactive in delivering added value to clients and responsive to meeting needs.
• Writes sales materials; specifically creates original concept, drafts, edits and proofs content.
• Disseminates marketing and product communications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Works with corporate marketing and standards to review and manage look and feel of retail FI branding and messaging
• Works with corporate marketing and communications to develop and support an advisor-friendly Intranet site that applies standards to coordinate with other product and support sites.
• Help design educational platform to ensure multiple distribution channels
• Write copy for publication both for internal and external distribution
• Review all materials posted by member of FIS team
• Work with Business development on messaging to the field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced investment concepts and practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Advanced marketing theories, principles and practices and their application to assigned functional area.
• Customer analysis and profiling; market segmentations; program tracking and evaluation; and test design market data analysis.
• Financial markets and products.
• Superior principles of English language usage and grammar, required to write and edit high quality accurate copy.
• Marketing process and overall business knowledge sufficient to develop marketing strategies within the organization on inter-departmental, corporate, business-to-business, and/or client levels.
• Industry trends with the ability to determine and convey their potential impact upon various clients.
• Organizational, planning and time management in order to independently oversee multiple projects from start to completion.
• Analyzing and presenting research results.
• Identifying and explaining trends.
• Organizing and maintaining research records, files and materials.
• Developing and implementing marketing campaigns for investment products and services.
• Customizing and coordinating the dissemination of communication programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including email, graphic, presentation, and spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
• Prioritize and work concurrently on multiple assignments to meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work both individually with a high level of autonomy, as well as effectively as part of a team.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Build relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in communications, marketing or business related field and a minimum of six (6) years of marketing or project management experience in the financial services or asset management industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 7, 52 and 66 preferred
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm