HP NonStop Developer - Req. 1900915
As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
• May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
• Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
• Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• 5 years of HP Non-Stop (HPNS) COBOL development experience
• 5-years of application development experience, with technical skills as follows: Extensive experience in the following languages/tools: HPNS COBOL, HPNS COBOL85, HPNS SQL/MP, INSPECT, Tandem, SQLCI, SCOBOL, TACL, FUP ,RMS, MQ
• Experience in FUP, Pathway servers and configuration
• Must be comfortable working in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Ability to contribute to a cross-functional team
• Financial Services and Regulatory Reporting experience preferred
• None required.