Institutional Client Portfolio Specialist, Carillon Tower Advisors - Req. 1901325
Under general direction and limited supervision, utilizes knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to support the Institutional Client Relations reporting process for Carillon Tower Advisers and its affiliates. Works independently on internal assignments requiring efficient timely responses and attention to detail. Guidance is provided to perform varied, complex, activities that require evaluation, originality and ingenuity in making moderately complex decisions. Prepares industry and company research by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and creating/maintaining reports/spreadsheets. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, and research comprehensive solutions to problems or needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extensive contact with Client Portfolio Managers and institutional sales/marketing professionals, remaining both proactive in delivering added value to clients and responsive to meeting needs.
• Participates in initiatives within the department related to strategy, direction and service offerings.
• Actively, monitoring and maintaining institutional client relations spreadsheet and assists with the quarterly grading compilation.
• Monitors and maintains documentation (especially on top ten holdings and top 5 contributors/detractors) on all portfolio holdings per meetings with portfolio managers and analysts
• Responds to external consultants and client requests for performance data, other information and monitors group email box.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems when Client Portfolio Manager is travelling
• Proofreads marketing/pitch books for errors.
• Helps Research Associate(s) facilitate quarterly review book pages.
• Provides information to marketing and operational client services staff
• Assists with standard and customized quarterly commentary.
• Attends analyst meetings and delivers key information to Client Portfolio Managers.
• Assists with accounts receivable collections.
• Assists compliance in gathering updated documentation e.g., IPS and restrictions.
• Helps run FactSet analysis reports.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission and strategies.
• Intermediate to advanced concepts, principles and practices used in the securities industry.
• Intermediate to advanced concepts, principles and practices of relationship management, potentially including prior experience in client-facing environments.
• Investment product management and investment consulting experience.
• Financial markets and products.
• Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Preparing management reports.
• Developing processes and procedures for efficient and timely work flow.
• Promoting and carrying out effective coordination between multiple work groups and functional areas.
• Implementing process improvement initiatives.
• Identifying trends and implementing appropriate corrective action.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels, including senior management.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field and a minimum three (3) years of experience in asset management
• Knowledge of investment products
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 and 63 or the ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire. Desire to obtain CFA designation.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm