Investment Banking Associate, Business Development (St. Petersburg, FL) - Req. 1901567
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to have a positive impact on the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and the firm through the development of the team, managing the Investment Banking (IB) Analyst, and execute and generate business for the department. Works on major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments. Extensive contact with Senior Management is required, to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produces factual and accurate information presented to the client.
• Seeks opportunities for development through the job itself, through special assignments, training, or external activities.
• Attracts and retains quality professionals that will have a positive impact on the SBU and Raymond James (RJ).
• Trains, mentors, and evaluates interns and analysts performance potential.
• Supervises the analyst’s performance expectations and evaluation criteria.
• Assists in the preparation of standard and tailored presentations and pitches.
• Assists with the execution of M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis.
• Documents and supports the execution of new financing issues for corporate clients.
• Identifies new entrants into the space and targets these companies for attention.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
• Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedure of Tax and Accounting.
• Financial markets and products.
• Analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
• Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
• Defining high standards of quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards.
• Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Prepare clear, effective and professional presentations.
• Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Investment Banking.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• FINRA Series 7 or 79 License.
• FINRA Series 63 or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm