Investment Product Education & Engagement Associate - Req. 1900356
Department: PCG Investment Products: Mutual Funds, Concentrated Equity Solutions, 529 Plans, Alternative Investments, Structured Investments, Insurance, Annuities, and Options.
Location: Raymond James Financial, Corporate Headquarters: St. Petersburg, FL
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Raymond James is hiring an experienced Financial Services Products Education & Engagement Associate to coordinate, monitor and assist in the implementation of marketing and communications plans and projects in Private Client Group Investment Products ("PCG IP"). PCG IP encompasses several product areas, including Mutual Fund Research, 529 Plans, Concentrated Equity Solutions, the Alternative Investments Group (hedge funds, private equity, etc.), Structured Investments, Equity Options, and the Raymond James Insurance Group.
The ideal contributor will:
Develop advanced product knowledge of all products covered by PCG IP, with a concentration on mutual funds, options, and insurance solutions.
Work in a dynamic team environment to coordinate marketing campaigns, build and execute on communication plans, use graphic design software to create and update advisor and client collateral, and, among other things, coordinate conferences and events.
- Organize, manage, and execute on objectives with limited oversight, a strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and with appropriate timeliness.
Recommend solutions to moderately complex problems and have regular contact with internal and external customers in order to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with PCG IP marketing team members and product area subject matter experts to ensure marketing efforts are coordinated, consistent, and relevant to the individual product areas, PCG IP as a whole, and the firm.
Work in a dynamic team environment to build and execute on communication plans, use graphic design software to create and update advisor and client collateral, and, among other things, assist with coordination surrounding conferences and events.
Coordinate directly with subject matter experts in the product areas to ensure their marketing needs are met.
Organize, manage, and execute on objectives with limited oversight, a strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and with appropriate timeliness.
Drive efficiencies and improve marketing processes. Review existing processes and procedures on a regular basis to determine if enhancements are possible.
Work with other PCG IP marketing professionals, other departments in the firm (e.g., Marketing Services) and outside organizations to adopt best practices.
Maintain extensive product and compliance knowledge required to successfully support product area marketing needs and strategic marketing objectives of PCG IP.
Assist in implementing marketing strategies by coordinating the creation and production of marketing and communications materials, including reviewing specifications and acting as a liaison with outside parties.
Oversee the distribution of marketing literature.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of customer relations, marketing and communications.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Basic investment knowledge with the ability to become well-versed in the wide range of investments strategies and products represented by PCG IP, including but not limited to, mutual funds, concentrated equity strategies, 529 plans, hedge funds, private equity, structured investments, insurance products, and options.
- Self-reviewing work with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong skills in organizing, managing, and executing on objectives with limited oversight, a strong attention to detail, and a high level of professionalism
- Technical and creative writing; impeccable grammar is a must.
- Coordinating marketing and communication projects and activities.
- Strong critical thinking skills required to solve marketing needs and problems, suggest improvements, and create and present ideas.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base and internet reference service applications.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work independently and manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Work in a team environment with numerous internal and external groups.
- Use or quickly become proficient in advanced graphic design software (Adobe Professional, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and ability to learn performance reporting software.
- Learn advanced features of Microsoft Excel (strongly desired).
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in business, finance, marketing or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of marketing or sales support experience in the financial services industry preferred.
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
FINRA SIE and/or Series 7 (strongly desired or willingness to obtain)