IT Supplier Relationship Manager, Technology - Req. 1901760
Under limited direction and with a high level of autonomy, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experiences, leveraging proven supplier experience, market intelligence, thought leadership, and strategic thinking. Ensures Supplier Risk Management and Procurement requirements are met, supplier related risks are identified with corresponding actions plans created, and cost optimization is achieved in the contingent worker staff augmentation and managed services programs. This position is responsible for managing working relationships with the business and users they represent. Interacts with all levels of leadership in the firm to accelerate solutions through better communication and alignment.
• Develop and execute against IT Supplier Management Office strategy and related programs to ensure they meet the IT business needs, using a pragmatic and integrated approach.
• Identify, develop, and manage strategic supplier relationships gaining a comprehensive understanding of business requirements, by working closely with stakeholders and team members to develop strategies/plans through execution.
• Facilitate joint meetings with internal business clients to assist in contingent worker strategy, forecasting, demand management, requirement development, and supplier selection.
• Facilitate joint meetings with internal business clients to assist in IT Supplier Management Office strategy, forecasting, demand management, requirement development, and supplier selection.
• Lead cross functional teams through required Supplier Risk Management requirements.
• Assists internal business clients with developing and reviewing statements of work, service level agreements, contractual terms and conditions.
• Builds and maintains profiles/overview of strategic suppliers and/or emerging strategic suppliers.
• Support compliance with and report on Raymond James, Procurement, and Supplier Risk Management policies procedures, and processes.
• Responsible for presentations and training within technology.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations is preferred.
• Knowledge of the following:
• Risk management processes, policies, governance and controls.
• Contingent workforce strategy, forecasting and controls.
• Project management methodology and execution.
• Financial services experience highly preferred.
• Interface, influence, articulate, and present at the highest corporate levels inside and outside of Raymond James.
• Drive change in complex team, growth and entrepreneurial environments.
• Comprehend the big picture and communicate a clear vision and execution plan.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing in priorities and deadlines in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
• May occasionally work a non-standard schedule including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• None Required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm