Manager, Account Services - Req. 1901280
Uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience to create and implement marketing strategies and manage subsequent campaigns for Capital Markets business units. Promotes and develops business for the strategic services of Marketing, while serving as the liaison between clients and the department to ensure that proper branding, communications and production goals are met. Leads a team and provides leadership and direction to team.
- Supports client relations and overall management of assigned business units, remaining both proactive in delivering added value to clients and responsive to meeting needs.
- Works with the firm’s Capital Markets and Institutional divisions, including: Investment Banking, Public Finance, Equity Capital Markets, Fixed Income Capital Markets, Institutional Sales, Trading and Research, and Tax Credit Funds.
- Accountable for developing and building client relationships at all levels for the department.
- Meets with wide range of individuals and business units throughout company to promote the strategic services of the Marketing Department.
- Researches strategic concepts and develops programs – in essence, serving as strategic business partner to assigned major accounts.
- Interprets market research data and makes actionable business decisions.
- Provides recommendations to clients on brand and business objectives.
- Develops and monitors tactical initiatives that support clients’ objectives and strategies.
- Establishes, administers and monitors timelines and budgets for clients at the account level.
- Manages day-to-day account activities including contacting clients, monitoring daily workflow and overseeing projects.
- Works with sub-department managers and traffic management specialists to oversee production by managing cross-functional teams for projects and day-to-day partner success.
- Coordinates creative elements of tactical initiatives and, together with creative team, present concepts to department’s clients.
- Performs human resource management activities, including identifying performance problems and approving recommendations for remedial action; evaluating performance; and interviewing and selecting staff.
- Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of assigned staff.
- Coaches and mentors staff and identify training needs and create development plans.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Marketing process and overall business knowledge sufficient to develop marketing strategies within the organization on inter-departmental, corporate, business-to-business, and/or client levels.
- Industry trends with the ability to determine and convey their potential impact upon various clients.
- Creative production processes.
- Organizational, planning and time management skills – as well as a “roll up the sleeves” mentality – sufficient to independently oversee multiple projects from start to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills
- Strong presentation skills with both small and large groups.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Interact with management at all levels.
- Lead a team, utilizing management competencies and leadership skills.
- Work with a wide range of constituencies in a decision-making framework.
- Work in a client-focused and team-based environment.
- Be a creative thinker and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Be highly responsive in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
- Bring a solutions-oriented approach to client and department challenges.Work in a dynamic, growing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field and a minimum of six (6) years marketing experience, preferably as an account manager in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility with at least 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
- None required.