Manager Supervision - Project Management - Req. 1901787
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to manage multiple projects simultaneously, both large in size and broad in scope. Manages projects throughout the project lifecycle, from proposal and defining requirements to project planning and implementation, using extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude for independent actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers and subject matter experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts preliminary investigations for supervision program project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications and partners to ensure training plans are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans and objectives.
• Provides a proactive interface for PCG Supervision to ensure business requirements are completely and accurately defined.
• Refines and implements project management methodologies, tools and practices to provide continuous process improvement.
• Supports critical on-going PCG Supervision strategy implementation throughout the project lifecycle including planning, assigning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing project activities.
• Conducts interviews, compiles and analyzes responses, and creates business cases for projects.
• Participates in lessons learned reviews in order to recommend appropriate actions to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Applies established project methodologies to manage projects: uses change control templates and processes, manages time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitors budgets, and coordinates resource acquisition and utilization.
• Performs project evaluations and participates in post-project quality monitoring.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of securities products, and familiarity with SEC and FINRA rules and regulations
• Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards.
• Project selection and approval, budgeting and business case preparation and analysis, as well as work breakdown structures and forecasting.
• Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Business planning and analysis.
• Using specific systems and related technological tools associated with assigned functional areas.
• Conducting investigations for proposed projects.
• Applying application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards.
• Refining and implementing project management methodologies, tools and practices.
• Conducting interviews with customers and subject matter experts.
• Conducting research and developing and documenting business cases.
• Developing, preparing, presenting and maintaining project plans.
• Managing projects, using established project management methodologies.
• Designing and developing management reports.
• Delivering presentations to groups.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Select and lead complementary high performance project teams through the planning, assigning, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating project phases.
• Facilitate information gathering sessions ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are included in the project specifications.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into project specifications.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Solve complex problems and model the business and financial impact of proposed scenarios.
• Ensure that all project activities have a focus on quality and adhere to any identified best practices.
• Perceive information, linkages and trends to apply this knowledge to assignments.
• Resolve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
• Use collaborative skills to accomplish work as a team.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamically changing work environment.
• Interpret and apply policies in order to identify and recommend changes.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade other to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in the specific business function of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in project management required.
• MBA or graduate degree preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm