Manager, Technology Infrastructure - Req. 1900744
We are seeking a leader who understands that people are the most important asset in any company. The right person for this job should be comfortable using innovation to enhance value to their customers. This position provides leadership for a department within the Technology Infrastructure organization. Implements business plans and initiatives related to the RJ technology strategy and is responsible for ensuring department policies, procedures and guidelines are followed. May be accountable for projects directly impacting technology infrastructure across Raymond James. Must have a strong understanding of different business units. May be a subject matter expert in specific or multiple technical or functional areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages group consisting of small to medium workforce (5-15 or more).
• Accountable for significant technology process(s) involving work of a complex nature.
• Responsible for ensuring deliverables are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provides infrastructure and operating systems engineering and/or support for Raymond James organization including corporate headquarters, retail branches, operational centers and other locations.
• May have budgetary responsibilities and be responsible for vendor relationships that fall within services/support the department is responsible for.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience including management or leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Financial Services experience highly preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of different business units.
• May be a subject matter expert in specific or multiple technical or functional areas: Identity, CASB, Cloud Technology, Project Management, desktop hardware and software, operating systems, messaging, or related infrastructure technology.
• May occasionally work a non-standard schedule including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Lean or Six Sigma experience preferred.
• None required
Competencies and Behaviors:
Lead the Team
• Creates/maintains a competitive organization by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
• Builds a cohesive team, and develops structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Leverages systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Provides feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel in current and future job responsibilities.
• Creates a trusting work environment where people can realize their full potential.
Enhance Client Experience
• Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships. Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive advantage.
• Ensures customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
• Ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
• Builds strategic partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
• Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions.
Advances Strategic Opportunities
• Gains competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align with the firm’s vision and goals and enhance the firm’s reputation/brand.
• Identifies and drives organizational changes needed to adapt to changing customer and market demands.
• Establishes and commits to long-term business direction and sets meaningful performance objectives that align to values & strategies.
• Communicates information in a compelling way that drives others to achieve team and firm goals.
• Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Drive High Performance
• Executes business and organizational objectives that build and support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and effectively leverage people/processes.
• Uses customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Aligns communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
• Tenaciously works to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.