Manager, Technology (NonStop Engineering) - Req. 1901443
The NonStop team is responsible for the support of critical corporate systems processing data critical to drive business, revenue growth and customer satisfaction. Ensuring the stability and performance of the system and the software supporting it as well as quickly addressing problems impacting development teams and other business departments are key responsibilities of this leadership role. Strong people and organizational skills are a necessity as this role will be responsible for not only keeping projects on track but regular monitoring and reporting of metrics indicative of overall system health. While this role is heavily operational, management and motivation of the team will be crucial to ensure project deliverables and business group SLA’s are met. This leader will be expected to interact with and build strong relationships with other managers and technology groups in order to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex information technology issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drives IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach to the design of technical solutions.
• Reviews problem ticket (Service Now) queues daily and requests to ensure prompt resolution.
• Reviews Privileged Access Reports on a daily basis and ensure we are in compliance of all audit requirements.
• Must be flexible with the ability to adjust and react to changing priorities.
• Partners with SQM and CMO to make sure established SDLC guidelines are followed.
• Ensures changes are properly tested and validation and recovery plans are in place prior to migration to the production environment.
• Leads projects to successful completion as defined by predetermined project success criteria including those established by the business, capital expenditure and budget requirements.
• Ensures problem solutions are in line with the strategic direction of Raymond James’ Architecture Team.
• Focuses on workforce management to accurately capture IT resource capacity involving resources (internal and/or external), processes and practices.
• Provides timely and thorough project and problem updates to Manager, NonStop Systems.
• Provides quick project turnarounds and flexibility by leveraging SDLC methodology and industry best practices.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience including management or leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• HP NonStop Systems experience is nice to have, but not required.
• Financial Services experience is nice to have.
• Experience in the following: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development.
• May occasionally work a non-standard schedule including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• None required
Competencies and Behaviors:
Lead the Team
• Creates/maintains a competitive organization by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
• Builds a cohesive team, and develops structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Leverages systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Provides feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel in current and future job responsibilities.
• Creates a trusting work environment where people can realize their full potential.
Enhance Client Experience
• Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships. Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive advantage.
• Ensures customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
• Ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
• Builds strategic partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
• Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions.
Advances Strategic Opportunities
• Gains competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align with the firm’s vision and goals and enhance the firm’s reputation/brand.
• Identifies and drives organizational changes needed to adapt to changing customer and market demands.
• Establishes and commits to long-term business direction and sets meaningful performance objectives that align to values & strategies.
• Communicates information in a compelling way that drives others to achieve team and firm goals.
• Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Drive High Performance
• Executes business and organizational objectives that build and support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and effectively leverage people/processes.
• Uses customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Aligns communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
• Tenaciously works to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.