Marketing Insights Analyst - Req. 1804101
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential product/service markets. Participates in defined market research projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Guidance is provided to perform varied, sometimes complex, activities that require some evaluation, originality and ingenuity in making moderately complex decisions. Regular contact with internal customers and external research sources is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with leadership to identify, define, and solve a variety of problems and supports various corporate initiatives.
• Assists in the preparation of research reports, identifies and delivers recommendations on courses of action to client.
• Designs, develops and conducts market research projects, analyzes factors such as client satisfaction, technology preferences, goals, and segments to assist decision-making. Develops statistical models and methodologies to predict, quantify or forecast various operational and performance metrics.
• Develops and assists in conducting surveys and focus groups to analyze customer purchasing patterns, preferences and perceptions of the organization’s image and marketing effectiveness.
• Performs data management and reporting of product performance data including return rates, failure rates, failure models, and returns forecasting.
• Utilizes a variety of sources, collects and analyzes information to support the modeling and analysis.
• Maintains records and files on research projects.
• May use computer modeling techniques.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General marketing research theories, principles and practices and their application to assigned functional area.
• Intermediate analytical and statistical modeling tools and techniques.
• Concepts of lifetime value and return on investment (ROI).
• Customer analysis and profiling; market segmentations; program tracking and evaluation; and test design market data analysis.
• Basic concepts and practices of competitive intelligence.
• Principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
• Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience of statistical models and methods.
• Basic knowledge of large relational databases, and SQL programming.
• Basic working knowledge in SAS toolsets.
Basic knowledge and familiarity with data mining and visualization tools.
• Developing market research objectives.
• Designing, developing and conducting market research projects and analyzing and reporting results.
• Excel, SQL, Access, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis packages.
• Simplifying and presenting time series and cross-sectional data.
• Applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Developing conducting surveys and focus groups.
• Analyzing competition’s products/services and marketing techniques.
• Communicating technical concepts and ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Organizing and maintaining research records, files and materials.
• Using computer modeling techniques.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including email, graphics, presentation, spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with individuals at all organizational levels.
• Organize, manage and track multiple projects with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or related discipline. Three (3) years professional market research experience in the financial services industry preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.