Portfolio Specialist, Asset Management Services - Req. 1901509
Under general direction uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to maximize sales by creating new and managing existing relationships with financial advisors/brokers and agents to generate departmental asset growth. Ensures that advisors are kept up to date on the latest platform and product enhancements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with educating financial advisors on the benefits of offered products and services for their clients through individual or group meetings that may include branch visits, seminars and conferences/trade shows.
• Fields incoming calls on available products and services.
• Stays abreast of all program changes and product specifics and communicates changes.
• Maintains open communication with internal resources and clients through all phases of the sales process.
• Works closely with assigned internal partner to deliver sales goals by identifying and fostering leads.
• Works with staff to develop and implement territory/national sales and marketing strategies.
• Creates proposals for prospective broker/dealers or clients.
• Assists in the creation of reports and or databases as needed.
• Manages expense account within allotted budget.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of the securities industry and asset management products.
•Principles of finance and broker/dealer operations.
•Financial markets and products.
•Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
•Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
•Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
•Analyzing business processes and identifying process improvement opportunities.
•Problem solving sufficient to effectively analyze, research and resolve inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
•Preparing and delivering clear, convincing and professional sales presentations to small and large audiences.
•Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
•Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with internal and external client’s at all organizational levels.
•Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties.
•Absorb and effectively communicate knowledge on complex investment offerings.
•Assimilate and prioritize strategies into operational guidelines.
•Establish clear directions and priorities and address concerns or challenging questions when they arise.
•Organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and projects to complete work efficiently.
•Represent in a highly professional manner.
•Effectively market the company and show resilience through the prospecting process.
•Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
•Travel frequently with little advance notice.
•Identify problems, gather facts, and develop solutions.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
•Associate’s Degree in related field and/or one (1) year financial industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
•Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
•SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
•FINRA Series 7and the ability to obtain other necessary license(s) within six (6) months of hire.