Project Manager - Req. 1900662
Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 124 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
Raymond James is seeking a Project Manager within the Technology Infrastructure and Security organization. This role will be based out of our corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL and will manage multiple projects simultaneously, both large in size and broad in scope. The ideal candidate will have a background in technology infrastructure and security, plus experience working in a large regulated environment. Responsibilities include managing projects throughout the project lifecycle, from proposal and defining requirements to project planning and implementation, using extensive input from business unit subject matter experts.
• Conducts preliminary investigations for project requests. Negotiates and documents requirements, and oversees creation of technical specifications and test plans.
• Works with project stakeholders and senior management to ensure business requirements are completely and accurately defined.
• Refines and implements project management methodologies, tools and practices to provide continuous process improvement.
• Manages project teams throughout the project lifecycle including planning, assigning resources, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing project activities, as well as evaluating individual performance upon project completion.
• Conducts interviews, compiles and analyzes responses, and creates business cases for projects.
• Identifies, defines and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables.
• Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules.
• Performs project risk assessments by identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies, and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets.
• Applies established project methodologies to manage projects: uses change control templates and processes, manages time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitors budgets, and coordinates resource acquisition and utilization.
• Serves as the liaison between internal customers and external suppliers. Communicates regularly with project stakeholders.
• Monitors testing and executes quality assurance checks to ensure the system meets information technology acceptance criteria prior to implementation.
• Performs project evaluations and participates in post-project quality monitoring.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and six years of related experience including project management experience or a combination of training, education and experience.
• Prior experience working in an infrastructure / security technician or engineering role.
• Prior experience delivering complex IT infrastructure projects is required.
• Strong understanding of a wide array of infrastructure and security technologies is required.
• Ability to manage relationships with vendors and make data driven decisions.
• Excellent organization and presentation skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical, non-technical, and executive levels.
• Experience working in a highly regulated industry (financial/healthcare) is strongly preferred.
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) highly preferred.