Security Officer - Req. 1803883
As part of a 24/7 proprietary security team, will be responsible for providing a safe and secure environment at Raymond James. As a security officer, will be involved in physical security, electronic access control, visitor management, CCTV and life safety systems. Constant interaction with associates and guests, with a Service 1st approach and concierge feel.
Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives guidance and direction to perform a variety of non-routine tasks with sound decision making capabilities. Independent judgment is required to act appropriately in new and unusual circumstances and situations. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers new or unusual issues to appropriate person. Assignments can include posts, patrols, rounds, security desks, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Physical security and protection of personnel and assets.
• Patrol assigned buildings and grounds to deter criminal acts and other nefarious acts.
• Monitor associate and visitor movements.
• Investigate and record reported incidents.
• Report safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
• Verifying employee and visitor parking decals, parking enforcement and patrols.
• Nighttime associate escorts if requested.
• Assist motorists who become stranded on the property, using discretionary judgment to determine course of action. May volunteer to change tires, jump start dead batteries or unlock vehicle doors.
• Respond to medical emergencies.
• Serve as a member of the fire control team and emergency evacuation team.
• Issue and assign building keys and security access cards.
• Assist with special events.
• Recommends additions and/or changes in security methods and procedures to management.
• Follow established procedures in handling threats in the workplace, such as bombs or acts of terrorism,
• Ensure that security incidents are properly documented and reported.
• Be proficient in their work.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic concepts, principles and practices in providing security in a corporate setting.
• Security threats and trends, and protocol for handling security and emergency situations.
• Incidents involving acts of terrorism, bomb threats, fire safety, theft, sabotage and other acts of workplace violence.
• Electronic security systems.
• Basic knowledge of Florida State Statutes pertaining to security.
• Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices.
• Crowd management and control techniques.
• Life Safety protocols and standards.
• Inspecting buildings and grounds for conformance with security requirements and safety regulations.
• Identifying and responding to incidents.
• Identifying and investigating unusual activities and unsafe conditions.
• Courteously monitoring arrivals and departures of employees and visitors, verifying approved entry and maintaining complete and accurate logs.
• Controlling parking and traffic.
• Assisting with medical emergencies.
• Maintaining records of security activities.
• Using radio and telecommunications equipment.
• Performing routine inspections of buildings and grounds.
• Preparing and maintaining required documentation.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Problem solve and provide solutions.
• Evaluate and respond to threats in the workplace.
• Interpret and apply policies.
• Prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Remain current in this profession.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year experience in law enforcement, military police or related security field.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required (must be approved by company’s insurance carrier).
• Class D Security License or ability to obtain within 120 days.
• CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within 180 days.