Senior Advisor, Employee Relations - Req. 1900876
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and training to build employee relations capability and enable management effectiveness through the execution of proactive employee relations initiatives and the delivery of targeted training programs. Executes HR initiatives, manages projects, and investigates and resolves associate complaints and conflicts. The position reports directly to the Manager, Employee Programs and Practices and is part of a matrix environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigates and resolves moderate to complex associate complaints, issues and concerns regarding employment practices originating from various sources.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Partners with counsel to assist in preparation for mediations and arbitrations.
• Leads large or multiple projects across the Employee Relations (ER) function with significant scope and impact.
• Collaborates with HR Communication Consultant to manage implementation of communication to support employee relations initiatives.
• Implements and executes proactive positive employee relations initiatives.
• Communicates and ensures understanding by employees of laws, regulations, and organizational policies and answers questions by managers and employees as needed.
• Administers work rules and monitors their application and enforcement to ensure fairness and consistency.
• Provides counsel and guidance to managers and associates regarding company policies and procedures.
• Crafts strategies for resolving personnel issues and for minimizing the adverse personnel impact of proposed business realignments.
• Provides labor law and company policy interpretations.
• Participates in local outreach activities to promote the retention of a qualified and diverse workforce.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Principles, practices, and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment law policy and practice.
• Legal requirements and federal and state regulations related to employment.
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Basic statistical methods and concepts and other analytical tools used in Employee Relations processes.
• Project management practices involving concept development through implementation and measurement stages.
• Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft.
• Coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution.
• Providing appropriate recommendations for resolution of employment and employee relations issues.
• Interpreting and applying state and federal statues and applicable rules and regulations to issues and problems.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
• Practice and promote integrity and ethical behavior.
• Demonstrate leadership through project management and execution.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload in a fast paced environment with changing deadlines.
• Coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills.
• Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues.
• Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years in human resources or employee relations.
• Minimum nine (9) years human resource generalist or employee relations specialist experience.
• None required.