Senior Business Control Manager - RJ Bank (Consumer Compliance/Private Client Banking) - Req. 1804007
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or certification in banking industry regulatory compliance to ensure first line compliance with banking rules and regulations within Private Client Banking. Manages Private Client Banking compliance functions/programs to ensure compliance processes and procedures are integrated and aligned with business processes and procedures. Responsible for leading compliance reviews and any audits/exams on behalf of Private Client Banking. Leads development and implementation of compliance testing initiatives. Acts as Private Client Banking subject matter expert regarding compliance and regulatory risk. Works with internal and external business partners to ensure regulatory compliance within the bank’s Private Client Banking division. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude for independent actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Maintains extensive contact with internal and external partners to implement solutions and identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• All duties and responsibilities are from a first line perspective.
• Manages compliance related existing processes and procedures (e.g. Sales Practices, Reg W, Reg U, Fair Lending, Reg B, mortgage regulations, etc.).
• Leads through compliance updates/changes including assisting with new process and procedures.
• Ensures Private Client Banking and 3rd party servicers have processes and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and that they maintain compliance with their defined processes and procedures.
• Ensures risks, control points and quality assurance are properly addressed within process and procedures.
• Interface with RJB Compliance, RJ Compliance, and RJ Supervision to guide Private Client Banking in adherence to compliance and regulatory risk.
• Responsible for test schedule, test plan and testing of compliance related policy and procedures.
• Responsible for any loan origination system related testing impacting Mortgage Banking with a compliance impact (i.e. calculations, language, etc.).
• Oversight of accurate and timely submission of the RJ Bank HMDA LAR.
• Acts as lead for loan reviews, exams and/or audits.
• Gathers information from all Private Client Banking groups for audits/exams (internal audit, regulators and auditors).
• Conducts due diligence to respond to regulatory inquiries, exam requests, internal audit, and compliance requests.
• Leads responses to auditors/regulators.
• Manages corrective actions required to address regulatory identified matters.
• Oversees Private Client Banking Anti-Money Laundering investigations.
• Reviews notices, compliance related regulatory reports and forms for adherence with rules and regulations.
• Coordinates Private Client Banking staff compliance training to ensure appropriate training based upon role.
• On point to opine/provide guidance on all compliance and regulatory matters for all functions including disclosures, processing, underwriting and closing.
• Ability to identify process gaps and risk exposures within Private Client Banking projects, strategies and operational processes.
• Provides support and guidance for all compliance efforts related to Private Client Banking.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Concepts, practices and procedures of banking compliance.
•Mortgage and Securities Based Lending regulatory requirements.
•Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
•Financial markets and products.
•Management of internal and external regulatory exams and audits.
•Managing compliance programs.
•Integrating and aligning compliance processes and procedures with business processes.
•Providing support and guidance for compliance and regulatory efforts.
•Identifying and implementing controls and quality assurance processes.
•Reviewing materials for compliance with rules and regulations.
•Researching compliance/regulatory issues.
•Gathering information and preparing oral and written reports.
•Conducting oral presentations.
•Investigating compliance/regulatory irregularities.
•Making rule-based and analytical decisions.
•Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
•Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
•Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
•Interpret and apply banking regulations and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
•Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
•Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment to accomplish work.
•Keep abreast of banking industry rules and regulations and best practices in compliance.
•Resolve complex problems/issues, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
•Read, analyze, interpret and apply information from regulations, policies, financial reports, and legal documents in order to identify and recommend changes.
•Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
•Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
•Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade other to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
•Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
•Bachelor's Degree in the specific business function of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in compliance in banking / financial service industry required.
•Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
· Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
· Priority will be given to protected veterans
· EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT