Senior Business Technology Specialist - Req. 1901589
Under minimum supervision, independently conducts complex analysis of current business processes and proposes solutions that result in improved customer service, cross-site consistency and increased Operations efficiencies and/or cost savings. Designs, codes, tests, and deploys solutions to fulfill the changing needs of Operations. Diagnoses and restores applications and other internal Operations tools. Communicates progress to clients in a timely manner and completes tasks in sufficient time to minimize disruption to production. Develops technical documentation and user manuals for all applications and performs advanced associate training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, upgrades, and maintains custom applications and tools to support the objectives of Operations.
• Designs and maintains RDBMS (Access) and Excel macro-enabled workbooks.
• Identifies and resolves program/application/code defects.
• Designs and generates ad-hoc reports under short timeframes and with minimal direction and supervision.
• Extracts and converts data into an appropriate structure for report development.
• Performs business requirements gathering and analysis.
• Collaborates with other technical resources (Project Specialists, Analysts, and Consultants) across the firm to provide assistance in areas of expertise.
• Facilitates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure integrity and functionality of custom applications.
• Confers with department personnel and IT to provide technical advice and assist with issue resolution.
• Provides follow-up with internal clients regarding completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
• Researches and recommends new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities.
• Engages in business case development, project leadership, and achieves a demonstrated proficiency in internal applications including but not limited to Document Direct and OutsideView.
• Create, update, and deliver presentations on automation and application development to a variety of audiences from associate to senior leader level.
• Maintains working knowledge of business processes and interfaces with end-users to gather system requirements as needed; analyzes and reviews information requirements for ongoing reports and comparison as needed.
• Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Principles, practices, and procedures of internal systems and processes.
• Key internal and/or external contacts to request assistance from or utilize expertise.
• Problem solving sufficient to recognize and detect work errors and correct them, or offer resolution.
• Critical thinking and analysis capabilities to solve technical problems.
• Excel, Access, VBA, SharePoint applications
• Plan, organize, manage, and track multiple detailed work assignments with constantly changing priorities and close deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Constructively work under stress and pressure and produce a high volume of assignments using strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Be self-motivated with strong sense of creativity and ability to work independently with confidence.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Think logically and to analyze and solve problems.
• Select and employ the correct business requirements gathering technique for each project.
• Continually train on existing and emerging technologies.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience that includes coding with VBA for Excel and Access
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm