Senior Data Analyst, Technology - Req. 1901286
The Senior Data Analyst works closely with business units to ensure business activities are aligned with the enterprise data strategy. Conducts full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Assists the business in turning data into information, turning information into insight and insight into decisions. Demonstrates subject matter expertise and integrates domain knowledge into work with an understanding of financial services standards and practices. Serves as the primary contact for most complex or escalated issues, and may provide direction and guidance to team members. Applies specialized business knowledge and technical skills to significant deliverables and projects that involve multiple IT departments, business units and have enterprise impact. Makes judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
- Interprets data and analyzes results using statistical techniques. Provides reports regularly.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases and data systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Profiles data sources using SQL and other data discovery tools in support of data quality analysis and business intelligence design efforts.
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation.
- May be required to act as project lead on small to medium-sized projects and provide direction to others on the team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Experience in a financial services industry preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience as approved by Human Resources.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Reporting packages, databases (SQL, etc.).
- Experience using software packages for analyzing large datasets.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- None required.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm