Senior Financial Analyst, Technology - Req. 1901335
Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating models for decisions and cost allocations for specific business units within the Information Technology (IT) organization. Assists with P&L and project budget development for the IT organization. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger financial reporting and analysis.
• Researches and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
• Responsible for identifying and developing methodologies for accurate cost allocations across the organization.
• Prepares periodic financial information and presentations for senior management and select external resources to include month-end, quarter-end and year-end activities.
• Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
• Participates in the annual budget process by compiling cost information for business units to use in preparing budgets.
• Prepares Project Financial Reporting packages on a month-end, quarter-end and year-end basis.
• Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure proper classification and integrity of information.
• Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related degree and five (5-6) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Knowledge of the following preferred:
• Advanced accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Accrual based accounting practices.
• Accounting software packages.
• Advanced cost allocation concepts and practices.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.