Senior Java Developer - Req. 1901085
As a Senior Application Developer you will be part of a dynamic team of highly technical developers and architects that work on major transformation initiatives. Our vision in Information Technology is in parallel with the firm’s vision. We strive to be the premier provider of financial services technology and support through innovative solutions, reliable performance and a Service 1st culture. Besides our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, we also have presence in Southfield, MI; Memphis, TN; and Denver, CO.
• Analyzes complex system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
• Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
• Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
• Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in Distributed Architectures, strong OO background, Distributed Caching and Messaging paradigms
• Experienced working with Oracle database (creating DDL and writing/tuning SQL queries)
• Experience working with SCRUM oriented Agile methodologies and Project Management.
• Experience in writing clean, scalable code using good architectural patterns, experience in performance optimization – concurrent programming, memory management, JVM tuning etc.
• Strong knowledge of Java programming language and knowledge of following technologies/frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, AspectJ, Spring JDBC templates, Spring caching, EHCache, Quartz, JAX-RS, JMS, JBoss application server, Apache CXF
• Good knowledge of DevOps & collaboration tools: Jenkins, Splunk, GIT, TFS, Sonar
• Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs/Protocols (REST, SOAP)
Nice to have:
• Experience in Financial Services Industry would be a big plus
• Experience with Java Script/Angular JS
• Experience with TFS
• Experience with IBM MQ
• Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development, change management.
• None required.