Senior Manager, Compliance - Privacy and Data Protection - Req. 1901501
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate level knowledge and skills obtained through education, training and experience to support the RJF Privacy Office and assist with developing and managing privacy and data protection compliance initiatives. Ensures Raymond James maintains its responsible use of client, associate and sensitive corporate data. Supports the RJF by overseeing the firm’s compliance with state, federal, and global privacy laws. Assists colleagues to develop privacy compliance capabilities and deliver privacy training programs, conduct privacy assessments across diverse business units, respond to privacy inquiries and investigate potential privacy incidents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) to define and achieve the strategic vision for the corporate Privacy and Data Protection Program.
• Maintain industry knowledge of global privacy and data protection laws, company guidelines and policies, and industry best practices.
• Serve as a cross-organizational team lead on privacy and data protection reviews and assessments.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on privacy and data protection across the firm.
• Respond to and assist with privacy and data protection related inquiries.
• Develop and administer policies and procedures for identifying, reporting, and resolving privacy and data protection risks.
• Develop and provide appropriate guidance, education, training and communication to all relevant stakeholders.
• Review and assess privacy and data protection related risks with business partners to identify and address privacy-related compliance gaps or areas of privacy risk in support of business requirements.
• Recommend process improvements for compliance and risk management processes and procedures.
• Document and maintain a record of identified metrics to track program effectiveness.
• Investigate and respond to privacy and data protection complaints and incidents reported to the Privacy Office.
• Lead privacy and data protection investigations, ensure mitigation, determine incident root causes, and work with the impacted business to develop and complete corrective action plans to remediate all privacy violations and minimize the risk of recurrence.
• Draft and send notification letters to impacted individuals and government agencies that require notification of privacy and data protection violations.
• Respond to regulatory agencies, as applicable.
• Mentor and lead associates with less experience.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Global customer data protection and privacy concepts, risk management and compliance.
• Privacy impact assessments, compliance policies and procedures, and privacy and data protection risk mitigation.
• Data breach notification laws and response.
• Financial markets and products.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Conducting and documenting privacy and data protection related risk assessments.
• Creating and delivering privacy and data protection training and awareness programs.
• Successfully managing multiple projects and delivering timely and satisfactory results.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Work within large collaborative organizations, building consensus and fostering ongoing relationships.
• Plan, organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete them independently, and within the established time frame(s).
• Self-motivated and proven ability to learn new technologies and develop associated processes.
• Work well in a team environment, as well as build and maintain effective working relationships.
• Identify issues, present findings, and suggest solutions to stakeholders.
• Rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals set forth by the team.
• Apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
• Proactively advocate for privacy and data protection and the Privacy Office mission throughout the firm.
• Partner with others to accomplish objectives.
• Develop relationships and partnerships with various levels of management.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Interpret and apply policies.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Solve complex problems.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Law or Technology with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• CIPP, CIPM or equivalent is preferred.