Senior Manager, Institutional Marketing - Carillon Tower Advisers - Req. 1800457
Uses a very high level of autonomy, with minimal management oversight, and extensive marketing and product management knowledge and skills to lead a team of professionals with varying experience level in supporting and executing on retail marketing initiatives. Reports into and works directly with the Chief Marketing Officer-Carillon Tower Advisers to assist in the execution of the firm’s strategic marketing efforts for the institutional channel in order to reach revenue and growth objectives. Leads and/or manages large or multiple projects or products with significant scope and impact. Provides matrix leadership across other marketing manager functions. Manages and assist in the execution all functions of the retail marketing efforts, including multiple direct reports. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed/independent actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with senior internal and external stakeholders.
Carillon Tower Advisers is a global asset-management company that combines the exceptional insight and agility of individual investment teams with the strength and stability of a full-service firm. We believe providing a lineup of institutional-class portfolio managers — spanning a wide range of disciplines and investing vehicles — is the best way to help investors seek their long-term financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads the development of marketing campaigns that are aligned with the organizational vision and strategies for growth within the sales channels.
· Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive marketing plan and calendar for the Institutional channel.
· Continuously and proactively researches market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
· Utilizes competitive and investment intelligence material developed by other marketing associates into channel-specific messaging and deliverables.
· Takes a leading role in developing a clear, compelling and differentiated message and position for assigned channel.
· Maintains ingenuity when reverse engineering preexisting marketing materials.
· Works with sales, investment professionals and other partners to recommend courses of action designed to effectively promote and position investment products with respect to competitive offerings.
· Uses a high degree of creativity to craft professional, audience-appropriate messaging.
· Manages and monitors the volume of content that is provided through digital and offline channels.
· Works with multiple resources to ensure there is clear and consistent messaging across all platforms.
· Responsible for campaigns that are broad in scope, have multiple elements, include defined touchpoints, as well as have projected impact to the firm’s bottom line.
· Communicates openly and frequently with senior management, sales staff and others regarding the status of projects, campaigns and associated metrics. Ensures that expectations are managed and met.
· Interprets competitive market research and current industry developments and provides results and insights into market trends and preferences.
· Ensures product information materials meet contractual, regulatory, informational, marketing or product management requirements.
· Maintains a high level of familiarity with market and product management activity to ensure content integrity.
· Develops and monitors tactical initiatives that support clients’ objectives and strategies.
· Supports client relations and is responsible for the overall management of assigned business units, remaining both proactive in delivering added value to clients and responsive to meeting needs.
· Writes sales materials; specifically creates original concept, drafts, edits and proofs content.
· Disseminates marketing and product communications.
· May perform human resource management activities, including identifying performance problems and approving recommendations for remedial action; evaluating performance; and interviewing and selecting staff.
· May plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of assigned staff.
· May Coach and mentor staff, identify training needs and create development plans.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Advanced Knowledge of:
· Concepts, practices and procedures of financial services marketing and product management.
· Industry trends in Asset Management with the ability to anticipate and evaluate their potential impact on the organization.
· Financial services industry and products to support product development, management and communication needs at all levels.
· Business technologies associated with the data analyst.
·Organizational, planning and time management in order to independently oversee multiple projects from start to completion.
·Analyzing and presenting research results.
·Identifying and explaining trends.
·Organizing and maintaining research records, files and materials.
·Developing and implementing marketing campaigns for investment products and services.
·Customizing and coordinating the dissemination of communication programs.
·Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
·Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including email, graphic, presentation, and spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
·Prioritize and work concurrently on multiple assignments to meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
·Work both individually with a high level of autonomy, as well as effectively as part of a team.
·Provide a high level of customer service.
·Build relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
·Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in communications, marketing or business related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of marketing or project management experience in the financial services or asset management industry.
·Two (2) years of management experience preferred.
·Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.