Senior Project Consultant (Wealth Management Technology) - Req. 1901829
This associate will operate within the Wealth Management Technology group and requires business knowledge of the role of the Financial Advisor. This team is focused on delivering tools and applications that support the lifecycle of planning & implementation performed by the Financial Advisor on a recurring basis. In summary, the candidate is expected to perform the following functions.
Identifies, analyzes and documents complex business requirements and processes using specific extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts. Participates in multiple projects with broad scope and/or large impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers and subject matter experts is required. .
- Collects and analyzes information; interviews subject matter experts (SMEs), observes operations and uses knowledge of business systems and processes to develop solutions to specific problems.
- Assists in requirements gathering for Wealth Management technology, centered on the Financial Advisors practice.
- Defines project scope and objectives through research and data gathering using a demonstrated understanding of, systems and industry requirements.
- Develops an understanding of the business case behind all projects, including the motivating factors for all stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains release schedules, working with the technology team to prioritize features and collaborates with other business units and technology teams as necessary for release management.
- Serves as a functional subject matter expert (SME), provides internal consulting services to assigned functional area(s); coordinates activities with other functional areas and facilitates the implementation of cross-functional business system modules, models and/or enhancements.
- Consults with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between client business units and technical business units by analyzing business and user needs; defining requirements; and representing the user in the design, development, validation and implementation of appropriate technology solutions.
- Assists in identifying requirements for each phase of testing and develops test plans and scripts, as required.
- May serve a dual role as the point of contact for both business users and technical staff to discuss and clarify the interpretation of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Partners with technical business units in the research, analysis and resolution of system and process problems.
- Locates, gathers and analyzes information on potential solutions and best practices and evaluates the potential benefits to the organization.
- Maintains relationships with key users by developing and leading advisory groups to help drive prioritization and design.
- Drives/leads efforts to plan and implement change initiatives. Includes development of rollout plans, training IT and operational support areas, and assisting in communications and documentation to support releases.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to project stakeholders, as well as present at conferences and events, both one on one and in classroom settings.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and up to five (5) years of relevant experience or a combination of training, education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in defining and documenting business and technical requirements and processes, systems analysis, business process modeling, representing stakeholders on project teams and problem solving with large, complex cross-functional systems and processes.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the following highly preferred to required:
- Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
- Knowledge of wealth planning, goals based planning, rebalancing and model management.
- Information technology support and technical documentation.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations. Specific focus on Modern Portfolio Theory preferred.
- Business planning and analysis – with demonstrated ability to develop product strategy and deliver detailed business requirements based on that strategy.
- Knowledge of branch operations and advisor-facing technology preferred.
- Clarifying system interface requirements and relationships.
- Interpreting client input, clarifying issues and developing solutions.
- Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations.
- User acceptance testing principles, with ability to develop test plans and scripts.
- Project planning and reporting and coordinating project activities across organizational lines. Understanding of project management methodologies and fundamentals of the software development lifecycle.
- Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations.
- Some travel may be required.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm