Senior Project Consultant- Transition Management - Req. 1900549
Under limited supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to identify, analyze and document complex business requirements and processes using specific extensive input from industry and/or business unit. Demonstrates subject matter expertise, the ability to integrate domain knowledge into project work, and an understanding of financial services standards and practices. Serves as the primary point of contact on the most complex or escalated issues. May provide direction and guidance to team members. Applies specialized business knowledge and skills to produce significant deliverables. Coordinates projects across multiple departments and business units that have enterprise impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects and analyzes information, interviews subject matter experts (SMEs), observes operations, and uses knowledge of business systems and processes to develop solutions to specific problems.
• Reviews operational procedures and methods, maps current business processes, defines and analyzes business activities, conducts benchmarking activities to identify best practices, and recommends changes for improvement.
• Tracks and collects performance and status information to develop reports and planning processes.
• Collaborates with team members to define project scope(s) and objectives by gathering research and data using a demonstrated understanding of operations, systems and industry requirements.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the business case behind all projects, including the motivating factors for all stakeholders.
• Develops and maintains project schedules, prioritizes projects tasks and collaborates with other business units.
• Serves as a functional subject matter expert (SME) to provide internal consulting services to assigned functional area(s).
• Coordinates activities with other functional areas, and facilitates the implementation of cross-functional business system modules, models and/or enhancements.
• May lead small to medium-sized projects.
• Consults with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
• Serves as a liaison between client business units and technical business units by analyzing business and user needs, defining requirements, and representing the user in the design, development, validation and implementation of appropriate technology solutions.
• Represents stakeholders on project teams and solves problems with large, complex cross-functional systems and processes.
• Often serves a dual role as the point of contact for both business users and technical staff to discuss and clarify business requirements and technical specifications.
• Partners with technical business units to research, analyze and resolve of system and process problems.
• Locates, gathers and analyzes information to find potential solutions to issues, as well as best practices. Evaluates the potential benefits of such solutions to the organization.
• Assists in planning and implementing change initiatives.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of project analysis and project management.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Functional, operational and technical requirements of all systems used by assigned functional area(s).
• Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• Information technology support and technical documentation.
• System analysis and business process modeling.
• Principles of securities industry operations.
• Business planning and analysis.
• Communicating system interface requirements and relationships.
• Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
• Interpreting client input, clarifying issues and developing solutions.
• Conducting business process and systems, feasibility and cost justification analyses.
• Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations.
• Project planning and reporting and coordinating project activities across organizational lines.
• Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Facilitate information gathering sessions ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are included in the project specifications.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into project specifications.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Solve complex problems and model the business and financial impact of proposed scenarios.
• Ensure that all project activities have a focus on quality and adhere to any identified best practices.
• Perceive information, linkages and trends to apply this knowledge to assignments.
• Resolve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
• Read, comprehend and apply technical information.
• Use collaborative skills to accomplish work as a team.
• Solve problems with large, complex cross-functional systems and processes.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
• Incite enthusiasm, influence, and motivate individuals and project teams without organizational authority.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in the specific business function of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in defining and documenting business and technical requirements and processes.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.