Senior Project Specialist - Req. 1804022
Under general supervision, uses basic knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to participate in projects related to assigned functional area. Performs intermediate to advanced level project management analysis and/or project administration tasks for projects in an assigned functional area. May serve as a Work Package Leader or a technical advisor on project teams. Exercises considerable latitude and judgment and relies on experience to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. May recommend modifications to processes to resolve situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Represents department on projects ranging from small to large scope.
• Participates in building project plans for assigned projects.
• Conducts research, documentation, and testing for projects.
• Provides input and assistance on Process Improvements efforts.
• Assists with requirements gathering for projects.
• Assists in creating and maintaining internal project management tools.
• Maintains documentation and communications.
• Provides input, monitors and updates project schedules.
• Assists in defining and clarifying project requirements and parameters with project managers.
• Receives training in required project management methodology.
• Provides administrative support to assigned project management teams and provides some user support for project management software and templates.
• Assists in understanding business impacts associated with initiatives.
• Creates business case documents to communicate and prioritize intermediate level initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Intermediate concepts, practices and procedures of assigned functional area.
• Intermediate concepts, practices, and principles of project management methodology, including project management analysis, administration, documentation.
• Creating and maintaining project documentation and communications.
• Coordinating projects, communicating changes and progress, and completing projects on time and within budget limits.
• Communicating clearly and informatively, editing work for spelling and grammar, and presenting numerical data effectively.
• Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, while applying feedback to improve performance.
• Completing tasks on time or notifying the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Collecting, researching and analyzing data.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Work well in group problem solving situations.
• Continuously build knowledge and skills in project management and/or administration.
• Respond promptly to customer needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
• Read and interpret written information.
• Support and explain reasoning for decisions, as well as include appropriate people in the decision-making process.
• Deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s Degree in a related field of work and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.