Senior Sales Support Specialist - Req. 1901438
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or training to provide advanced daily support to the Sales team within the Asset Management Services department. Partners with Internal Sales team to deliver reports, proposals and analysis that meet advisors’ needs. Adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Delivers superior client service, paying close attention to accuracy, timeliness and consistency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delivers services for all facets of Asset Management Services Sales and Raymond James Advisors, as well as a diverse suite of client-approved and not-for-client-use reports and analysis.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of the advisory business process, client review process, asset allocation, and benchmark reporting.
• Understands and demonstrates knowledge of various Raymond James systems, support and reporting applications, and third party vendor applications such as Portfolio Management Center and MPI.
• Creates reports, proposals, and analysis for sales team to use in advisor consultation and sales meetings.
• Analyzes various investment accounts including mutual funds, managed accounts, ETFs, SMAs, UMAs and MDAs to assist in mapping business for new advisors or potential new advisors.
• Partners with sales team to create presentations and proposals used during sales meetings and home office visits.
• Handles inbound calls, engages client to fully understand reason for contact, and provides needs driven solutions.
• Refers only the most complex issues to higher level.
• May assist in cross training employees.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic/Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Basic financial markets and products including, but not limited to, mutual funds and fixed income.
• Basic office practices, procedures and methods.
• Basic/Advanced Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Basic mathematical calculations.
• Learning and applying new information.
• Providing comprehensive and objective analysis and reports.
• Problem solving.
• Attention to detail.
• Organization and time management to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Operating standard office equipment.
• Use of required software applications to produce reports, analysis and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Work well both independently and within a team, supporting others in order to solve problems and meet deadlines.
• Follow instructions and request clarification when necessary.
• Interact effectively with internal and external clients through written and verbal communication.
• Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
• Manage multiple activities simultaneously to ensure tasks are completed in a satisfactory and timely manner.
• Exhibit initiative and self-direction when performing tasks.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related degree.
• One (1) to two (2) years of customer service or related experience highly preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training, as approved by Human Resources
• None required