Senior Transfer Associate - SP - Req. 1900471
Under limited supervision, uses advanced skills and knowledge to support the day-to-day operations of the department. Possess expertise knowledge of various processes and products involved in the external transfer of client assets. Knowledge of Operations and other Raymond James departments that Account Transfers has cross interaction with. Identifies and communicates any trends changes in volume or risk to management. Independently resolves, or assists others to resolve intermediate to moderately complex escalated issues. May train others on specific processes, and participate in work or projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Independently processes moderately complex transfer requests.
• Reviews client requests to transfer accounts processed by department associate to ensure accuracy.
• Reviews and verifies various reports to ensure exceptions are resolved.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of Account Transfers forms and various legal documents required to process transfers requests
• Reviews and assesses processes for regulatory and reputational risk.
• Scrutinizes information contained in all types of transfer forms and letters of authorization for accuracy
• Maintains accurate records/notes to ensure all client requests are completed within regulated time allotment.
• Maintains a working knowledge of International (non-US) products.
• Assists associates with follow-up and reconciling transactions.
• Effectively creates and distributes client correspondence.
• Provides training or support to less experienced associates for specific functions, under guidance of the department trainers or leadership.
• Provides coverage during absences and vacations of other departmental associates.
• Assists management in identifying procedures and policies that are outdated or ineffective.
• Assists in departmental projects including providing feedback or analysis for requirements and User Agreement Testing (UAT).
• Supports creation and updates to department documentation such as user manuals, quick reference guides, job procedures, RJnet, training materials, and other relevant job aides.
• Assists management to improve department productivity through participation in meetings, ongoing training and self-development.
• Answers moderately complex phone calls and email inquiries with professionalism.
• Maintains and tracks weekly statistical reports for the department.
• Assists other areas of the department with various functions when volume is high and/or staffing levels are low.
• Observes and provides feedback on monthly functional team meetings.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Various types of securities held by the firm and their respective complexities
• Various back office and imaging systems
• Various industry rules and regulations that govern account transfers
• Various systems to research and reconcile client accounts
• Various legal documents required by contra firms in order to process client requests
• Organizational and time management to prioritize workflow and ensure duties are completed by the stated deadline
• Reasoning and problem solving to research and resolve high priority issues with minimal to no supervision
• Letter composition and grammatical skills sufficient to create, edit and signature guarantee letters of instruction
• Excel, Word, Outlook and other applications as needed
• Work independently and in a team environment
• Communicate with all levels of management, other associates and counterparts at contrafirms
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
• Understand and apply the rules and regulations pertaining to all facets of the various transfer processes
• Interpret complex financial statements
• Project a professional demeanor while effectively training associates on new duties and tasks.
• Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service, assistance and meet commitments.
• Provide a superior level of customer service
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s degree with a minimum of two (2) years of securities related experience
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training as approved by Human Resources
• None required