Senior Trust Operations Representative - Req. 1900833
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or training to complete assigned job responsibilities and projects consistent with RJ Trust Operations department policy and procedures. Collaborates with management in order to identify opportunities for operational efficiency and productivity, as well as assists with special projects. May train or lead the work of other associates in highly routine work. Responsible for cross-training, coaching, and mentoring other associates. Detailed instructions and established procedures and prescribed guidelines are provided to perform a variety of tasks requiring some evaluation, originality or ingenuity in making routine decisions. Recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Maintains contact with internal customers and external contacts in order to identify research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides a variety of transactions on Trust accounts.
• Researches and provides resolution on advanced and complex business issues. Initiates efficiency and productivity improvements.
• Identifies and resolves systemic and operational issues.
• Assists with special projects, as required.
• May lead the work of others and provide cross-training, coaching and mentoring, as required.
• Facilitates training of associates.
• Maintains currency in operations practices, policies and procedures.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Operations and systems of assigned functional area.
• Fundamental project management tools, techniques and procedures.
• General accounting procedures.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry, principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations and/or financial markets and products, as required by assigned functional area.
• Regulations for specific assigned functional area.
• Identifying and resolving systemic and operational issues while identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Monitoring workflow to be sure tasks are completed accurately and on time.
• Analyzing operational processes and processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Provide cross-training, coaching and mentoring.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks and responsibilities.
• Analyzing data to identify discrepancies.
• Read, comprehend and apply business-related information.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Serve as a role model and lead others in providing a high level of customer service
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s Degree and/or zero to two (0-2) years of relevant industry
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
• None required.