Sr Java Developer - Req. 1901329
As part of the e_Communication Supervision application development team, analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design/development quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of/or the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and may be responsible for providing direction to a team, designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
• Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
• Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Spring and Spring Boot Framework
• Databases – Oracle, SQL Server
• Rest Web Services
• UI – Angular Framework
• Build and Deploy tools – Maven, Jenkins, Genesis
• Unit Testing – Junit, JMockit, TDD (Test Driven Development)
• MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience working with SSO integration and LDAP.
• Experience with ODI, SSIS or SSRS a plus.
• Work closely with business to determine requirements, perform gap analysis on existing systems, and prioritize issues.
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.