Sr. Manager, Application Development - Technology - Req. 1901875
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,800 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 120 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
Raymond James is looking for a Sr. Application Development Manager with strong Java development background, financial services industry experience, strong leadership skill and laser focus on execution & delivery. The candidate will lead a very talented group of individuals, embracing the challenges of transforming and modernizing a highly sophisticated trading system.
This is a rare opportunity for the right candidate to lead the most visible and firm’s top priority project. This position has the ability to sit in St Petersburg, FL or Denver, CO (Denver Tech Center).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead, inspire, manage, and coach talented team of software engineers and business analysts while aligning their strengths to organizational goals.
• Responsible for managing resources, budget, annual goals and objectives; holds organization accountable for attaining goals and objectives.
• Work effectively in cross-organizational setup and create strategic, and highly-functional, team partnerships with business and other technology leaders.
• Lead the technology (including architecture, design, performance optimization, & other non-functional) conversations and set the technical direction for the teams.
• Monitor project progress, timelines and budget. Identify, highlight and manage risk appropriately.
• Ensure that developed applications adhere to software development standards, architecture guidelines and methodology aligns with firm’s SDLC.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience including management or leadership experience.
• Experience developing scalable, distributed and highly responsive financial applications using Java, REST/Micro Services, Asynchronous Messaging, Angular (or other Single Page Application JS framework), Oracle & its related technologies. Prior work experience must include hands-on design and development.
• Experience in leading geographically dispersed teams, coordinating development activities across organizational lines, and successfully delivering applications with medium to large complexities.
• Possess highly effective written and oral communication; excellent organizational and project management skills, and team player that is assertive, passionate, and goal-oriented.
• Strong understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies, continuous delivery and related concepts.
• Experience in building and delivering of Trading, Order Management, Portfolio Management, & other Wealth Management applications.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
Lead the Team
• Creates/maintains a competitive organization by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
• Builds a cohesive team, and develops structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Leverages systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Provides feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel in current and future job responsibilities.
• Creates a trusting work environment where people can realize their full potential.
Enhance Client Experience
• Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships. Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive advantage.
• Ensures customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
• Ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
• Builds strategic partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
• Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions.
Advance Strategic Opportunities
• Gains competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align with the firm’s vision and goals and enhance the firm’s reputation/brand.
• Identifies and drives organizational changes needed to adapt to changing customer and market demands.
• Establishes and commits to long-term business direction and sets meaningful performance objectives that align to values & strategies.
• Communicates information in a compelling way that drives others to achieve team and firm goals.
• Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Drive High Performance
• Executes business and organizational objectives that build and support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and effectively leverage people/processes.
• Uses customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Aligns communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
• Tenaciously works to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm