Supervision Manager- E-Comm - Req. 1801380
Department: Raymond James Independent Contractor/Financial Institutions Division- Supervision Sales
Location: Raymond James Financial, Corporate Headquarters: St. Petersburg, FL
Raymond James Private Client Supervisory Group is hiring a Manager of Supervision to administer and analyze various compliance and suitability reviews to detect trends, trading patterns, and possible rules violations to ensure adherence to securities industry regulations and limit firm liability.
This experienced leader will approve day-to-day and escalated E-comm. activity. Leads defined work or projects of extensive scope and complexity.
- Performs human resources management activities including identifying performance problems, seeking guidance for remedial action, reviewing performance, as well as participating in interviewing and selecting staff.
- Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of others.
- Coaches and mentors subordinates, identifies training needs, and recommends appropriate development programs.
- Interfaces with regional management associates to inform them of any supervisory concerns that may arise with branch office managers/FAs and works together with them to address these concerns as well as to resolve any conflicts that may arise related to client accounts.
- Monitors and keeps up to date with regulations regarding trading activity in client accounts and applies them accordingly.
- May participate in the formation of policies related to compliance.
- Trains new associates
- Acts as a mentor to new associates by sharing resources and encouraging their growth
- Reviews and approves assigned E-comm. activities
- Teaches pertinent Supervisory Classes for the Compliance Certification Track
- Takes on complex and extensive projects outside of regular duties for Senior Management
- Assists other reviewers/cross trained in other departmental reviews
- Develops new procedures and best practices for workflows
- Conducts testing of new alerts/triggers and procedures
- Acts as the point person for other departments with regards to E-comm. Supervisory Reviews
- Builds relationships with advisors in the field fostering a positive relationship
- Assists RSO in making calls to advisors to resolve issues/educate on procedures
- Attends Regional meetings for assigned region(s)
- Reviews escalations from other areas and determines and addresses as applicable or escalates to the RSO
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Shows considerable knowledge of investments and trading, securities industry regulations, and client suitability (all at a level consistent with the Series 24 and/or 9/10 licensing as required by functional area). Familiarity/facility with RJ and its systems is preferable.
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- General office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Suitability and other compliance issues involved with branch manager/FA trading activity.
- Experience in branch practices and operations
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases.
- Critical thinking and decision-making, involving the interpretation of regulatory rules and compliance policies.
- Detail orientation to ensure the regulatory liability is limited, without impairing workflow.
- Utilizing business-appropriate phone manners.
- Manage, coach and mentor others.
- Independently manage and complete multiple projects and tasks; work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels including branch managers/FAs.
- Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in a related discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in retail securities sales, sales management, operations, or compliance.
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied
- Series 7 license required. Series 24 licenses required or ability to obtain within designated timeframe. Series 6 and 26 may be accepted in place of 7 and 24, depending on assigned functional area.
- Additional licenses required for assigned functional area such as Series 9/10, Series 53 and/or Life, Health & Variable Annuity Insurance License, or ability to obtain within designated timeframe.
Travel Required:Up to 10%. Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible for coverage under the firm’s Vehicle Fleet Safety Policy to drive on company business.
Founded in 1962 and a public company since 1983, Raymond James is a Florida-based diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. The firm's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (RJF).
Today, that client-focused approach has extended to serve more than 3 million client accounts through 7,300 financial advisors in the United States, Canada and overseas. Further, the company has expanded through the years to serve corporations, institutions and municipalities through significant capital markets, banking and asset management services.
Raymond James has been recognized nationally for its community support and corporate philanthropy. The company has been ranked as one of the best in the country in customer service, as a great place to work and as a national leader in support of the arts.