SVP, HR Technology & Payroll - Req. 1900200
With a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to provide leadership and direction (strategic and tactical) to the H.R. information, payroll, analysis, records departments. Establish requirements to meet the information and process needs of the company as it relates to human resources. This role will take responsibility for the recommendation and implementation of a long-term strategy (in partnership with IT) to improve the department's operating efficiency, data integrity and accurate and timely management reporting capabilities. Leads major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional departments/teams. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to lead in selection, implementation, and ongoing support of the firm's HR systems and act as liaison to the HR community, system users, and Technology department.
• Manages and oversees the organization's HR system infrastructure ensuring data integrity, accuracy, and business reporting capabilities.
• Individual will drive process efficiencies as it relates to HR. This requires the ability to understand process flows and to determine where efficiencies can be derived.
• Requires the ability to incorporate checks and balances in the system to achieve accuracy and ensure appropriate approvals.
• Leads the HRMS and payroll teams by setting goals, reviewing and ensuring quality of work, providing coaching and mentoring, evaluating performance; and interviewing and selecting staff.
• Works closely with the IT function to establish prioritized issues and enhancement list with effectively maximizing the resources available. A focus of automated integration amongst the various systems, ensuring data integrity and defined owners and maintenance of the data will be critical.
• Identifies and drives process efficiencies with respect to company-wide HR functions.
• Manages the business side of the partnership and implementation of and changes to HR systems.
• Manages business analytics, executive reporting, and metric projects.
• Establishes and coordinates end-user training on HR Systems for HR and employees.
• Acts as a business liaison with third-party vendors.
• Negotiates priorities and support requirements with the IT department, functional staff, and others as appropriate.
• Stays current with new developments in HRMS and related data management practices, standards, reporting and compliance requirements.
• Builds collaborative partnerships across the firm.
• Plans, budgets, and forecasts HRMS and payroll needs and applications.
• Manage operations within HR that include; invoicing, budget and space planning
• Manage availability, usability, integrity, and security of all HR technology applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Trends and developments in payroll, including applicable legal issues.
• Financial, legal, and tax implications of the various payroll alternatives.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong leadership & management skills.
• Ability to map process flows and develop alternative more effective solutions.
• Attention to details while maintaining the big picture.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from related materials.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years of management with reporting or project management / process improvement experience
• At least five (5) years of experience within a reporting / data analysis function
• At least ten (10) years of professional experience
• Any equivalent combination experience, education and/or training.
• PeopleSoft 9.2 and/or experience supporting a large ERP system (Oracle products preferred)
• ATS systems knowledge and support a plus
• Proven track record in process improvement
• Proven track record in creating efficient processes
• Successful implementation and management of business metrics, reporting and analysis
• Proven to be a successful leader in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to assemble multiple requirements (that could be conflicting) and gain "buy-in" on the appropriate direction
• Experience leading payroll operations and solutions ideal
• None required.