Technology Utilization Analyst - Req. 1804343
Using business and/or technical knowledge, this position focuses on designing and developing metrics, reports and dashboards to measure the utilization and effectiveness of new and existing technology programs. This position is responsible for analyzing utilization data and producing reports by taking data from a variety of sources and creating a clear view of what the data represents to help the firm make better investments in technology marketing, communication and education programs.
• Design and build queries, reports, and dashboards using business intelligence tools adhering to established frameworks and standards.
• Analyze key metrics to identify trends and opportunities based on a data-driven approach.
• Collect utilization data from systems across the firm.
• Consult with product and business teams to develop KPIs and recommend measures.
• Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions that can be easily interpreted by users.
• Interprets business requirements and determines optimum business intelligence solutions to meet needs.
• Report key findings to management and senior management teams through business reports and presentations.
• Develop and maintain technology utilization dashboards on key systems; analyze utilization trends to inform marketing, communication and education plans.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of B.S. in Business, Business Intelligence or related degree and two (2) years of related experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience with business intelligence tools and data visualization concepts (i.e. Tableau, QlikView or similar)
• Knowledge of the following highly preferred:
- Relational structures, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Development & interpretation of functional and technical requirements
- Visual design used in creating easy to understand reports & dashboards
- Analysis, concepts, practices and principles of statistics
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.