Trading Support Associate II - Req. 1901765
Under general supervision, uses intermediate level knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or training to provide support in specific trading activities within an assigned functional area. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives guidance and direction to perform other work with more variety and complexity requiring limited decision making responsibility. Resolves most questions and problems and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. Regular contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that trades are executed and confirmed in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides support to facilitate the price adjustment and trade correction process.
- Assists in researching trade problems and suggests appropriate corrective action.
- Contacts internal and external customers to resolve trading problems.
- Sets up and monitors client information and restrictions.
- Updates and maintains trade data and information in required databases.
- Accepts, screens and routes telephone calls and maintains record of inquiries, as required.
- Maintains currency in trading policies and procedures.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Industry regulations related to trading activities.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of securities trading.
- Basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Front-end system used in assigned functional area and its relationship with account history.
- Mathematical procedures required to verify and reconcile trading transactions.
- Reconciling and correcting transactions.
- Updating and maintaining information systems.
- Handling a high volume phone system.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, sufficient to create documents, spreadsheets, and business correspondence.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Read, interpret, analyze and apply transaction information.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with associates, and internal and external customers.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Maintain currency in trading policies and procedures.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of experience in the financial services industry.
Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm