VP, Client Experience - Req. 1900542
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills related to the business, products, services, operations and regulations, to govern and manage processes related to communications and client-facing channels that impact the Client Experience. This role will lead cross-functional committees and have extensive contact with senior leadership in Private Client Group (PCG), Product areas, Technology, Operations, Corporate Communications, Marketing, and other stakeholders to establish effective enterprise policies, procedure and standards for monitoring client communications, notifications and disclosures. This role is responsible for articulating the vision, establishing governance and working across all stakeholder groups to manage and oversee advisor-centric client experiences for any communication, digital or other client touchpoint not managed directly by advisors. This role will ensure communication plans are thoughtful, efficient, and compliant. Manages coordination of delivery/communication channels, message, tone and packaging, and in support of PCG leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage governance related to decisions for client communications, disclosure, and notices. Chair a committee representing PCG (e.g., communications, product, IT, operations, legal, compliance, etc.)
• Develop framework to describe “outside-in” view of client processes.
• Assist operational and technology areas in identifying and mapping high priority areas (e.g. Client Access, Statements/Confirms, Direct Mail).
• Collaborate with/educate support areas to improve processes based on client feedback.
• Work broadly across key stakeholder groups to understand needs and concerns.
• Actively engage financial advisors to understand intermediary point of view.
• Share best practices across the company.
• Engage with executive team to inform strategic direction for client experience.
• Work with Insights team, Advisor marketing and IT to assess demands, competitive pressures and trends to direct client digital experience, tying together efforts for Client Access as well as Client-facing Advisor tools, including advisor sites, social media, email marketing, etc.
• Identify and track competitive best practices.
• Support voice of the client efforts.
• Gather client information and provide value-added insight to different organizations.
• Advocate for the use of VOC data across the firm.
• Incorporate economic analysis into client insight efforts.
• Develop client experience metrics and framework.
• Track and publish dashboard of results.
• Establish and promote transparency to client experience metrics and programs.
• Infuse client point of view into decision-making.
• Participate in relevant forums and proactively identify improvement opportunities.
• Communicates the vision for the firm’s high-performing in-house advisor agency.
• Builds strategic relations across the firm with a wide range of business units, senior managers/executives and financial advisors
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Advanced Knowledge of:
• Experience in client experience, product management, advanced project management, data analytics, consulting, and/or strategy.
• Meaningful financial services experience, ideally working in investment or wealth management supporting financial advisors.
• Marketing process and overall business knowledge sufficient to develop marketing strategies within the organization on inter-departmental, corporate, business-to-business, and/or client levels.
• Industry trends with the ability to determine and convey their potential impact upon various clients.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the financial services industry to support communication needs at all levels.
• Organizational, planning and time management skills – as well as a “roll up the sleeves” mentality – sufficient to independently oversee multiple projects from start to completion.
• Demonstrate outstanding leadership and strategic problem solving skills as well as teamwork and collaboration.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Proven negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills
• Developing business development strategies.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Deliver solutions and lead change bridging business, communication, marketing and technical functions to advocate for advisors and their clients.
• Successfully develop consensus among senior executives across multiple business lines.
• Work with a wide range of constituencies in a decision-making framework.
• Work in a client-focused and team-based environment.
• Be a creative thinker and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Work in a dynamic, growing environment.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines and goals in a fast paced environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and make presentations to all sizes of groups and levels of personnel.
• Plan, assign, monitor, review and evaluate the work of others and lead high performance teams; coach and mentor others.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience within the financial services industry required.
• Eight (8) years of management experience preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required