VP, HR Organizational Effectiveness & Talent Assessment - Req. 1900041
Reporting directly to the SVP, Head of Talent and managing a team of 6, the incumbent uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to develop and implement employee assessments strategies for the firm, lead the administration of corporate engagement survey, and design and conduct measurement research. Leads large or multiple projects with potentially significant scope and business impact. Works with a team on challenging assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal customers and other human resource functional areas is required to identify, research, analyze and resolve selection and assessment issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Shapes and drives the organization and talent assessment strategy for the firm, including the expanded use of testing, assessments, surveys, and human capital analytics.
Develops long-range goals, strategies, and action plans for measurement initiatives.
Refines the structure; determine resource needs; and lead, coach, and develop the organization and talent assessment team, including responsibility for staffing decisions.
Serves as a key member of the Organization and Talent Development leadership team to help shape and drive strategic initiatives.
Key leader and partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure the tools/instruments support the current and future needs of recruiting.
Consults with HR and internal business clients in support of HR virtual teams to create solutions for a variety of measurement related needs, including surveys, assessments, needs analysis, talent assessments, and other evaluation tools and metrics to meet business demand.
Develops, implements, and evaluates systems and processes for employee selection, assessment, evaluation, and metrics.
Develops and implements change management strategies to foster buy-in for changes in assessment strategy and tools.
Leads the team in administering the firm’s survey and related engagement pulse survey projects.
Consults with managers and business unit leaders on results of people metrics to develop recommendations for action planning
Designs and conducts organizational and people measurement research.
Designs and conducts research to determine validity, effectiveness, and utility of selection processes; monitor and analyze normative test data, interpret test results, and evaluate assessment validity and reliability.
Gathers and uses client feedback to incorporate needs, wants and objectives from different business unit perspectives into employee assessment and selection processes.
Analyzes jobs and determine appropriate knowledge and skill assessment processes.
Analyzes assessment results in comparison with job requirements and prepare individualized assessment reports for senior positions within the firm.
Partners with marketing department to administer “top workplace” surveys to align with recruiting and branding strategy.
Maintains currency in business issues, metrics and best practices in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
Redesigns training programs to educate managers, recruiters, and others in company assessment and selection processes.
Ensures that the integrity and use of candidate assessment processes are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working structure, policies, mission and strategies of the organization.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of employment, selection assessment and human capital measurement.
- Research design, analyses, and principles, sufficient to conduct organizational research.
- Job analysis, assessment center, test development, survey design, needs analysis and performance measurement methodologies.
- EEOC rules and regulations around selection practices.Skill in:
- Developing assessment and selection strategies and processes
- Analyzing jobs and determining appropriate knowledge and skill assessment processes,
- Analyzing and reporting on assessment results.
- Designing and conducting research in an organizational context.
- Developing and delivering training to others as a subject matter expert.
- Developing measurement tools and methodologies.
- Applying psychometrics to monitor and analyze normative test data, interpreting test results and evaluating alternative assessment tools.
- Utilizing Excel and SPSS to analyze data.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.Ability to:
- Interpret and apply organizational policies and procedures.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into employee assessment and selection processes.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Lead others in providing a high level of customer service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field and seven (7) years of experience with pre-employment assessment and talent metrics and analysis.
- The ability to be the Psychologist on record for ordering pre-employment assessments.
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry preferred.~or~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.