VP, Supervision - International Product and Services - Req. 1900816
The Vice President of Cross Border Product and Services Manager will maintain primary responsibility for key aspects of the firm’s strategy for delivering products and services to International clients of a U.S. based broker-dealer. The candidate will have a high level of autonomy using extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience. The individual will maintain ownership for performing a comprehensive analysis of the products and services platform available to International clients to assess competitiveness and suitability of services to client base, and develop and manage implementation of a strategy for changes to the International product platform. Will oversee the catalogue of products and services available to International advisors for servicing of clients, and will collaborate with Products, Operations and Technology teams to identify gaps and solutions in the delivery of products and services.
Extensive contact with internal (i.e., financial advisors, other team members, senior leadership, etc.) and external (i.e., issuers, product sponsors, industry peers, etc.) customers is required to identify, research, and resolve complex problems in selling or servicing products and business planning. The candidate will report to Raymond James’ Head of Cross Border Strategy and Oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a commitment to creating an environment in which the platform is managed in a manner consistent with the firm's core values - namely putting the interests of clients first.
• Ensures that Raymond James’ International platform remains competitive and accommodating to client needs.
• Partners with industry contacts to benchmark the Raymond James platform against industry norms, including product and country availability.
• Partners across products teams and advisors, to evolve the platform and address areas of demand.
• Develops and maintains relationships with potential product partners to assist with new product pipeline and sourcing.
• Provides guidance across the Private Client Group business regarding funds, products and offerings.
• Partners across Cross-Border leadership team and key stakeholders to provide day-to-day guidance on complex cross-border issues related to cross-border processes and systems to ensure best practices and cross-departmental coordination is applied.
• Continuously maintain expertise in Raymond James products and service offerings, while educating advisors on the benefits and risks associated with International products and services. May offer support on client cases.
• Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Organizes, manages, and executes on objectives with minimal oversight, a strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and with appropriate timeliness.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Complex investment products and securities markets in general.
• Extensive knowledge required to appropriately partner with key stakeholders that across a range of investment strategies, including but not limited to domestic and international portfolios.
• Knowledge of operational infrastructure of the firm, including how product functions operate within the existing infrastructure.
• Extensive knowledge of investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry regarding applicable legislation, compliance standards, policies, and procedures within assigned business area.
• Concepts, practices, and procedures of product development and management in a financial services/broker-dealer environment.
• Principles of banking & finance and securities industry operations including finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Organizing, managing, and tracking multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Industry knowledge, critical thinking, excellent verbal & written communication skills, collaborative spirit, and leadership by words, and more important, actions.
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and in the industry.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with limited supervisory guidance.
• Implementing strategies and tactical plans across organizational lines.
• Proven strong negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills.
• Forward thinking with an ability to successfully develop and implement strategic plans calling for substantial asset growth.
• Performing market research, identifying market segments, developing product specifications and incorporating requirements into planning processes.
• Developing business development strategies.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Basic database and technology concepts.
• Developing marketing campaigns.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Preparing and delivering clear, convincing and professional sales presentations.
• Problem solving sufficient to effectively analyze, research and resolve inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
• Analyzing business processes and identifying process improvement opportunities.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Represent the company in a highly professional manner.
• Establish clear directions and priorities.
• Multi-task, work in teams, self-motivate/take initiative, innovate, work independently, adapt, accept and lead change, meet deadlines
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation, and effectiveness.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Demonstrate a level of competence with well-respected industry fund partners.
• Read and interpret complex legal documents such as private placement memorandums, limited partnership agreements, and selling agreements.
• Organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and projects to complete work efficiently.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives and convince others to accept ideas or goals.
• Assimilate and prioritize strategies into operational guidelines.
Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years experience working on the strategies and products offered to International clients. Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) preferred
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
• Project management Certification (preferred)
• Series 7 licensed
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm