Workplace Planning Manager - Req. 1901522
Under limited supervision uses knowledge and skills, obtained through education, experience and/or training, to manage strategic occupancy planning for the organization. Provide workplace analysis, management of physical assets in the workplace and relationships in order to understand and anticipate space requirements throughout the organization. Concurrently directs multiple projects, conducts analysis and develops options and concepts as required. Introduces new workplace concepts and overall manages the workplace supply/capacity and demand validation for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the strategic occupancy planning process for the organization.
• Leads the work of others and provides training and mentorship as required.
• Establishes and manages relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership.
• Consults with internal customers to understand the long term goals of departments and/or the organization, and develops growth plans to address needs and physical space requirements.
• Maintains an overall view of the different lines of business and their needs as well as the impact to the portfolio.
• Develops and/or generates scenarios that allow for maximum utilization of physical assets.
• Performs workplace analysis to determine performance metrics and benchmark against competitors.
• Develops portfolio growth scenarios and presents to key stakeholders.
• Develops macro migration plans and group-level sequencing.
• Facilitates and resolves planning issues identified in the customer planning meetings.
• Presents and negotiates plans to ensure they are aligned with corporate guidelines and all scenarios maximize use of space.
• Recommends, educates and enforces space policies, standards, procedure and protocol.
• Manages support vendors including architects, engineers, furniture, etc.
• Participates in audits; including seat assignments, occupancy, vacancy, labs and equipment.
• Measures, monitors and reports cost saving and value added contributions.
• Develops blocking and stacking diagrams, and re-stack scenarios.
• Develops supply and demand charts and forecast changes.
• Conducts high-quality accurate analyses to reflect client needs as identified in projected scope.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strategic Occupancy Planning in relation to space utilization and business change management.
• Management of Service delivery in a supplier environment.
• Software systems and applications to manage space utilization and planning.
• Industry standards.
• Intermediate level concepts, principles and practices of facilities planning.
• Building measurement techniques and procedures.
• Space planning and allocation practices.
• Applicable regulations, laws and codes.
• Project Management principles.
• Organizing and documenting data.
• Preparing facility layouts.
• Planning interior space.
• Inspecting buildings and office areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy.
• Measuring facilities to determine total square footage.
• Gathering data for short and long range facilities planning.
• Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations to internal customers.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including work flow management and AutoCAD; advanced level of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
• Apply spatial reasoning in visualizing building areas and layout interior space in AutoCAD.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into facilities planning.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply technical information.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain currency in occupancy planning methodologies.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Facilities Management, Design, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.