Equity Capital Markets - Senior Operations & Accounting Coordinator - Req. 1804245
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through education and experience to provide operational and accounting support within an assigned functional area. Established procedures and general guidance and direction are provided to perform a variety of complex, non-routine tasks. Originality and ingenuity are required to locate, select and apply appropriate procedures, processes and techniques to assignments that are broad in nature. Resolves most questions and problems and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. Position requires limited decision making ability. Maintains routine contact with internal and external customers to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides day-to-day operational and accounting support for the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) business. Processes and allocates invoices, orders office supplies andequipment, and analyzes the cost and usage of various services.
• Compiles data and assists in preparing operating budgets. Prepares and corrects month end accruals.
• Researches assigned transaction and account discrepancies. Works with vendors to make sure any errors are corrected and credits are received.
• Coordinates on-site training with vendors, and serves as the point of contact for all vendor interaction.
• Maintains the firm’s inventory system on behalf of ECM.
• Provides office support by coordinating printer and copier purchases.
• Gathers and compiles data for assigned functions. Provides analysis on year-to-date spend, projected costs, etc.
• Serves as the point of contact for all new procurement requests.
• Leads initiatives to migrate between products.
• Maintain entitlements for various products (new hires, terminations, etc.).
• Ensures contractual licenses are being used appropriately, and coordinates additional licenses as needed.
• Maintains policy and procedure manuals.
• Prepares schedules and provides requested information for internal and external auditors.
• Assists in preparing annual budget packages.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General office practices, procedures, and methods.
• Basic accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Basic accrual-based accounting practices.
• General ledger accounting software packages (or the ability to learn specific tasks).
• Strong verbal and written communications.
• Work in a consultative manner across departments.
• Entering transactions into an automated accounting system.
• Reconciling bank and general ledger accounts.
• Analyzing and adjusting basic transaction and account balance discrepancies.
• Gathering and compiling information.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, electronic communication and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
• Identify and resolve basic accounting problems.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-Year College or technical school with a minimum of five (5) years of experience. Previous experience in operational and/or office support is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.